Terrible temps

Matt75_
Go to solution Solved by Matt75_,

Huge update: I moved my ram from the second slot to the last one and now the cpu temps are perfect. Max 55c° after 30 min of aida 64 stress test.

Hi everybody, I hope this is the right place to ask this question: I upgraded my cooling solution some month ago and now my temps are really high.

I have an i5 9400f and before i used the stock cooler with temps around 84c under full load. Now my cpu arrives at 100c under full load. It doesn't turn off and it doesn't throttle. I'checked the pump and it works. I've repasted it and mounted it in a different position. What should i do ?

I have a kraken 53 now btw.

Are you sure the fans are spinning? If not check if they are plugged in, if they are spinning check what fan curve they are set too and if there is enough space in the case for them to pull cool air through. The only other things I can think of is that the thermal paste application is not enough. the cooler is defective or the heatsink is not seated right.

Fan curve it's maxed out and also pump speed. I used the cooler for a few months and it worked just fine and i've added thermal paste once more.

I don't really know what to think of

16372694525408021627700075737268.jpg

16372694991359123470543973674627.jpg

16372695305175270071177986619136.jpg

This could be the position of the cooler into the cpu. squeeze it, if the temperture come down this is the problem.

The 9400f is easy to cool. 

If the pump is working, it's probably a bad mount. What's the thermal paste spread look like?

Try reseating it and making sure that the cooling block is fully and gradually tightened in an X-pattern instead of one side before the other. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I tried to reseat it but nothing, I' m going to buy some new thermal paste and I'll try it. I'll let you know if something changes.

21 hours ago, Bad5ector said:

Were your temps always high after the upgrade or did your temps all of a sudden go up?

They went up from a day to another. Before they were amazing 

Huge update: I moved my ram from the second slot to the last one and now the cpu temps are perfect. Max 55c° after 30 min of aida 64 stress test.