dual booting issue

ok i have windows but i wanted to switch  over to manjaro KDE plasma so i putted it on a seprate partition but when i try to boot with windows it comes back to the screen where i select which thing i want to boot from, manjaro is working fine BTW but i can access my windows partition or log into it please help cuz i still have a lot of things that need to be backed up

18 minutes ago, MORPH_WOLF said:

ok i have windows but i wanted to switch  over to manjaro KDE plasma so i putted it on a seprate partition but when i try to boot with windows it comes back to the screen where i select which thing i want to boot from, manjaro is working fine BTW but i can access my windows partition or log into it please help cuz i still have a lot of things that need to be backed up

Can you see the windows partition on the drive in the disk utility?

Have you tried booting into the BIOS and seeing if windows is one of the boot options?

2 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Can you see the windows partition on the drive in the disk utility?

Have you tried booting into the BIOS and seeing if windows is one of the boot options?

yes windows is a boot option i have even went to the advaced troubleshoot part of windows and there was a option to exit and boot into windows 10 so i selected it and i was back at the selection screen

5 minutes ago, MORPH_WOLF said:

yes windows is a boot option i have even went to the advaced troubleshoot part of windows and there was a option to exit and boot into windows 10 so i selected it and i was back at the selection screen

So honestly, I tried this the first time I was getting into Linux and had a dual boot drive.

I quickly learned that if you want this to work well, you need to put each OS on their own drive.  You can run 2 different OS on the same hardware, except for the drive.  I would give them each their own.

Whenever I got stuck and couldn't get back into GRUB to pick which OS I boot into, I had luck booting from BIOS.  Have you tried that? 

23 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

So honestly, I tried this the first time I was getting into Linux and had a dual boot drive.

I quickly learned that if you want this to work well, you need to put each OS on their own drive.  You can run 2 different OS on the same hardware, except for the drive.  I would give them each their own.

Whenever I got stuck and couldn't get back into GRUB to pick which OS I boot into, I had luck booting from BIOS.  Have you tried that? 

yes but it still throwed be back to grub to select os