Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NiceHash And ETH2

My understanding is that, when you run the NiceHash QuickMiner, it automatically adjusts your gpu settings and starts mining ETH.

What's gonna happens to this when proof of stake takes over?

 

I'm curious because many people are using gpu on NiceHash to mine, but what's gonna happen when eth can not be mined?

Is NiceHash gonna automatically adjust your gpu settings for some other algorisms to mine other coins?

 

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Error 504 said:

My understanding is that, when you run the NiceHash QuickMiner, it automatically adjusts your gpu settings and starts mining ETH.

What's gonna happens to this when proof of stake takes over?

ETH mining stops working. Simple as that. Once Etereum 2.0 lands (or a little before) the difficulty bomb will go off and mining will become impossible.

 

2 hours ago, Error 504 said:

I'm curious because many people are using gpu on NiceHash to mine, but what's gonna happen when eth can not be mined?

Is NiceHash gonna automatically adjust your gpu settings for some other algorisms to mine other coins?

NiceHash already simply mines whatever is most profitable if you've run all the benchmarks and enabled auto-switching. It will just switch to the algorithm that is most profitable at that time.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | Storage: 250 GB Crucial BX100 SSD + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 1TB WD Green + 3TB WD Red | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2021 at 1:44 AM, tikker said:

NiceHash already simply mines whatever is most profitable if you've run all the benchmarks and enabled auto-switching. It will just switch to the algorithm that is most profitable at that time.

right now i'm trying to decide to go with a gpu mining rig, or buy another asic. if i could find a mining rig with a similar price and a similar hash rate, should i go for it?

 

thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Error 504 said:

right now i'm trying to decide to go with a gpu mining rig, or buy another asic. if i could find a mining rig with a similar price and a similar hash rate, should i go for it?

 

thanks.

That's up to you. You know how much revenue it'll give and that it'll take you the better part of a year to get back. If that's worth gambling on then go ahead. Also note that hashrates cannot be compared between coins. Not sure if that was the intent of "similar hashrate".

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | Storage: 250 GB Crucial BX100 SSD + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 1TB WD Green + 3TB WD Red | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, tikker said:

Also note that hashrates cannot be compared between coins. Not sure if that was the intent of "similar hashrate".

 

sorry, i meant to say, if i could find a rig that has similar cost to an asic, and could produce the same or similar amount of income as an asic could, then i'm actually more leaning towards the gpu rig.

 

graphics cards are extremely difficult to find, and people who are selling gpu rigs are selling them at a crazy crazy price level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×