Need an E-ATX case

Go to solution Solved by atrash,

Do have a look at this case. It supports E-ATX natively and provides superior cooling. Also windowed suicide side panel with lock.

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002239

thermaltake_urban_t81-170114.jpg

Looking for a suitable E-ATX case as i have an E-ATX motherboard. Even though it is in a ATX case at the moment i think it would be better to have a larger case. Bare in mind it has to be 'portable' enough for going to LAN parties and what not, but i guess handles could be added on.

Open to suggestions, must have a window though, and i don't care for silence much but i guess it wouldn't hurt to have a silent case.

The board: http://www.techpowerup.com/img/12-08-27/137c.jpg

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

CM Storm Stryker I believe takes E-ATX. XL-ATX = Same as E-ATX right? Well, if so than it does take it!

It's a Full Tower, but has a handle. And fits the rest of your requirements, such as having a window and being a silent case.

And I think it just looks great! Comes in white or black.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cm+storm+stryker&newwindow=1&espv=2&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=hDRJU4afB5LE2QWjyIHADw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1920&bih=955

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

CM Storm Stryker I believe takes E-ATX.

It's a Full Tower, but has a handle. And fits the rest of your requirements, such as having a window and being a silent case.

And I think it just looks great!

was just going to reccomend it haha :) great case i have it

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

. XL-ATX = Same as E-ATX right? 

XL-ATX has more hight than true E-ATX. XL-ATX has 8 expansion slots vs 7 on E-ATX.

Generally Speaking, E-ATX motherboards fit in any case that supports ATX. However you may miss out on things like nice cable routing holes due to extra width.

CM Storm Stryker I believe takes E-ATX. XL-ATX = Same as E-ATX right? Well, if so than it does take it!

And I think it just looks great! Comes in white or black.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cm+storm+stryker&newwindow=1&espv=2&es_sm=122&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=hDRJU4afB5LE2QWjyIHADw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1920&bih=955

It looks alright but i'm looking at the 750D because of its liquid cooling capabilities as i want to have a full loop in the future. Any other Full towers you know of?

XL-ATX has more hight than true E-ATX. XL-ATX has 8 expansion slots vs 7 on E-ATX.

Generally Speaking, E-ATX motherboards fit in any case that supports ATX. However you may miss out on things like nice cable routing holes due to extra width.

ATX is 7, E-ATX is 8 and XL-ATX is 9/10 usually.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

NZXT H440, NZXT Says It Doesnt Fit EATX But Ive Seen Builds Where it has if you want links ill provide

Future Build : Intel-Core i7 4790K : Corsair H100i : Asus Maximus VII Hero : Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB (DDR3-1866) : Samsung 840 EVO 120GB : Seagate Baracuda 1TB : Asus GeForce GTX 770 : NZXT H440 (Red/Black) : EVGA SuperNova G2 850W :

Acer H236HLBMID Corsair M45 Mouse : Ducky Shine 3 (Red LED/Cherry MX Brown) : Audio Technica M50RD : Some Nice Cheap Mouse Mat 

Peripherals :

NZXT H440, NZXT Says It Doesnt Fit EATX But Ive Seen Builds Where it has if you want links ill provide

It doesn't accept E-ATX natively though which is why i wouldn't consider it at all.

It looks alright but i'm looking at the 750D because of its liquid cooling capabilities as i want to have a full loop in the future. Any other Full towers you know of?

I love the 750D. And if Corsair's 760T supports E-ATX, I would also consider it!

But most of Corsair's product lineup I would vouch for anyways.. So any of their cases, and you're golden.

Also, thanks for the expansion slot break-ups! I never really cared to learn it, but I love learning, and therefore, you just got a thumbs up from the impeccable and unknown MrYuriy!  B)

Also, another good one is NZXT Phantom 820.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

750D isa  good choice as it does support E-ATX natively, and like you said, the water cooling capabilities is great in it.

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Huh? E-ATX is 7. It's just a slightly wider ATX board

RIVBE: http://content.hwigroup.net/images/products/xl/202549.jpg

7 Slots

G1.Sniper 5: http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/917/3dek.jpg

7 Slots

ASUS P9X79E-WS: https://www.asus.com/media/global/products/URUof6qXVyn9iQUL/vCJa6Z0zz8Tz8Mvh_500.jpg

7 Slots

Corsair 800D or 900D?

Nope too big. Need it for LAN parties. Also the 900D is like £200+

I'm talking about the cases.

ATX cases usually have 7 slots. SOME have 8.

E-ATX usually has 8 slots. SOME have 9

And XL-ATX has 9 slots. SOME have up to 10.

A motherboard can have as many PCI slots as it wants as long as the chipsets can provide enough bandwidth for them.

Is it possible to get the latched doors for the 750D like you could for the 650D/C70?

Id say cosmos bc it has carry handles but its a heavy beast
MOST Atx cases that have space between the typical atxboard and the drives will accept an eatx.

im cutting it a little close in mine but as a general rule an eatx case is going to be quite long and subsequently a little on the big and heavy side.

ALSO EATX Boards vary in size, its just defined as wider than atx so a board like the Maximus V Formula is only slightly wider than atx (+0.5") whereas other can be a bit more so a case marked as compatable with eatx will take any width eatx board but if your board is within an inch of a typical atx board almost any atx will suit you fine even if you end up with somewhat tight cableing. So do reasearch for your hardware and measurments on the case if you want to try and minimize the space and weight of your build since its going to be moving around.  
-----------------------------------------------------------------
and for reference

XL-ATX = Taller than ATX but same width
E-ATX = Wider than ATX but same height 

SOURCE: http://www.overclock.net/t/1214016/xl-atx-vs-e-atx 

Huh? E-ATX is 7. It's just a slightly wider ATX board

RIVBE: http://content.hwigroup.net/images/products/xl/202549.jpg

7 Slots

G1.Sniper 5: http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/917/3dek.jpg

7 Slots

ASUS P9X79E-WS: https://www.asus.com/media/global/products/URUof6qXVyn9iQUL/vCJa6Z0zz8Tz8Mvh_500.jpg

7 Slots

IIRC the P9X79-E WS is SSI CEB, not [E]ATX.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Do have a look at this case. It supports E-ATX natively and provides superior cooling. Also windowed suicide side panel with lock.

http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00002239

thermaltake_urban_t81-170114.jpg

Seriously that case looks amazing. Hopefully it will be available in the UK market and at a decent price.

DildorTheDecent, on 14 Apr 2014 - 3:03 PM, said:

Seriously that case looks amazing. Hopefully it will be available in the UK market and at a decent price.

Haha yeah. I got excited with it when I first saw this case from the CES 2014 vid coverage. Seriously an underated case with so much cooling potential. And it looks bloody damn good too. Worthy competitor to the flimsy Corsair 760T

Haha yeah. I got excited with it when I first saw this case from the CES 2014 vid coverage. Seriously an underated case with so much cooling potential. And it looks bloody damn good too. Worthy competitor to the flimsy Corsair 760T

I will pick that thermaltake up when the time comes to it. going to hold out with this case for a while now.

DildorTheDecent, on 14 Apr 2014 - 8:42 PM, said:

I will pick that thermaltake up when the time comes to it. going to hold out with this case for a while now.

Excellent choice,sir! ;)