GPU for gaming and Streaming

BWolf

Hey i am new at building pc's and need some advice on what GPU i would need for a streaming and gaming build? not to worry on money i am saving up right now so not in a hurry to build.

1 minute ago, BWolf said:

@BiotechBen i would like to do 4k what do you mean by quality??

The video transcode for streaming, you can use the video encoder on the graphics card to do that. 720 Fast and 4K SHQ are very different in the demand on the encoder. I would say that a 3070/ti would probably be a good fit for 4K high gaming and 1080p streaming.

If you intend to game/stream at 4K and expect to run high in game settings, you want to look at a 3080 minimum. If that is more money than you were wiling to spend (you didn't list a budget), you are going to want to knock down your resolution to 1440p.

Really though, the most important piece of information would be a budget. 

@rickeo i have been told that the GPU is the most important part i really do not know pricing so i want to say 1k - 2k for the GPU or would that to much??

6 minutes ago, BWolf said:

@rickeo i have been told that the GPU is the most important part i really do not know pricing so i want to say 1k - 2k for the GPU or would that to much??

A 3080 will run you between $700 if you get lucky with Best Buy drops (like they did today) to $2000 for some AIB models at certain retailers.