Microstuttering in most games

Omie

I’m getting microstuttering across most of my games. Running 16gb ram, i7 7700k, RTX 3070, and using Gsync with optimal settings (Gsync + Vsync on, max fps capped to -3 of monitor’s refresh rate).

I initially had a GTX 1080Ti which caused stuttering all games including League of legends but my 1080ti died on me and I’m borrowing a 3070. With the 3070, stuttering in league is gone, but I still get a ton of stuttering in other games like Valorant. Also tried using DDU to clean install drivers but I still get the issue.

Use gpu z and log sensor data for a couple of minutes to see more information. Other than that. Try updating all ur components.  Turn pc power plan to performance and gpu to performance from nivida control panel . Check that g sync is on after u changed card . Odd one but Try clearing cmos it did fix it for me

5 minutes ago, chaotic kronos said:

Use gpu z and log sensor data for a couple of minutes to see more information. Other than that. Try updating all ur components.  Turn pc power plan to performance and gpu to performance from nivida control panel . Check that g sync is on after u changed card . Odd one but Try clearing cmos it did fix it for me

Thanks, I actually found out that if I make the below tweaks:

Nvidia Control Panel:

• Power management profile: Maximum performance
  • Shader cache size: Unlimited

Windows 10 Settings:

• High Performance power profile

BIOS:

• Disable Intel SpeedStep
  • Disable Intel Speed Shift Technology
  • Disable CPU C-states
  • Auto on Multicore Enhancement
  • Yes to XMP to sync all cores

It eliminates most stutters. My only question is, is this safe to do considering my CPU and GPU will run at max speeds even when my computer is idle? Also, is my CPU likely causing stuttering since it’s pretty old?

46 minutes ago, Omie said:

Thanks, I actually found out that if I make the below tweaks:

Nvidia Control Panel:

• Power management profile: Maximum performance
  • Shader cache size: Unlimited

Windows 10 Settings:

• High Performance power profile

BIOS:

• Disable Intel SpeedStep
  • Disable Intel Speed Shift Technology
  • Disable CPU C-states
  • Auto on Multicore Enhancement
  • Yes to XMP to sync all cores

It eliminates most stutters. My only question is, is this safe to do considering my CPU and GPU will run at max speeds even when my computer is idle? Also, is my CPU likely causing stuttering since it’s pretty old?

While frequency would be near max all time . Its not like a real load so your temperature would still be low on idle .I doubt that it's cpu however if it is a 1080 resolution your cpu might hold a little of extra performance.  But iam not an expert at that matter so u might need to look around