Mobile UI improvements, pt. 2

LogicalDrm

So the icons For new members and rank are now covering members avatar almost completely on mobile. Imo that's not how things should be. I'll leave my distaste of showing rank with meaningless badge out of this and focus on how things are taking space instead. So this is how it looks now:

Screenshot_20211110-155717818.thumb.jpg.2b90aaffd360d6ee4bbb78e97a8062a5.jpg

Considering there's so much empty space (my distaste about that covered here), why not make icons smaller and place them under the avatar? Username takes a row, user group takes another and posts/reputation takes third. Avatar only takes the top two of those rows, leaving space under it which would be equivalent to posts/rep counter.

Besides rank and new member badges, we could have Moderator, Admin, LMG etc. badges placed there too. With simple design (green M for moderators, orange L for LMG for example). That would make this enormous badge not taking space on mobile:

Screenshot_20211106-194431378.thumb.jpg.ba76dbe531ebf23769c702f16a5d3f82.jpg

Actually, the temp icon there is about where I would like it to be.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I'd like this to use up less space vertically. There is a lot of horizontal space there wasted.

So my proposal is basically the badge is next to the username, and then followed by the post/rep count. Below it for mods/admins/staff, the group is removed cuz it's basically an iteration with that badge like thing, idk what that is called. The PFP can then be enlarged a bit to accommodate the two lines(1. username - badge - post/rep count, and 2. the badge for staff and "member" for all others).

See this picture for a better understanding:

Spoiler

image.png.bad03748a7d2f78af879dc01c5b11691.png

What do you think about this?

Spoiler

Also

image.png.e8f96d8a794f065584b0bdbc0bf94892.png

nice

Edit: I think this should have been in LogicalDrm's previous linked thread.

Edited by RockSolid1106
On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

We've fixed the "new badge" taking so much space on mobile, it should be much more reasonable now.

Also, I don't believe will be making new tweaks to the mobile layout at this time.

Perhaps something like this?

Spoiler

896174109_mortisb.jpg.8f07ebba60413e0d06a3535127b10710.jpg

I took @LogicalDrm's screenshot and edited Mortis' user ID thingy to be more compact.

Compared to the original:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20211106-194431378.thumb.jpg.ba76dbe531ebf23769c702f16a5d3f82.jpg

There's not empty space above the username/PFP, and all the elements below the Administrator role have been moved to the side to better use space.

This wasn't a source code edit by the way, I just copied the image then cropped it to take each element I wanted to move and made a new image.

EDIT:
I know I didn't remove the Administrator text like @RockSolid1106 did, but I don't think that's deleteable without making Mortis a common peon no longer an admin.

elephants

No more profile information is displayed under the Avatar? Can we please have that back please? Now nobody knows I'm in the de-lidder's club!! 😞 

2 hours ago, ShrimpBrime said:

No more profile information is displayed under the Avatar? Can we please have that back please? Now nobody knows I'm in the de-lidder's club!! 😞 

Those weren't seen on mobile before the update either. So they aren't relevant to this.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, LogicalDrm said:

Those weren't seen on mobile before the update either. So they aren't relevant to this.

How so. Get the silly icon off the avatar and put it where the profile information used to be.

All I know, is that icon is killing mine, looks ok with yours though. 

41 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

How so. Get the silly icon off the avatar and put it where the profile information used to be.

All I know, is that icon is killing mine, looks ok with yours though. 

The information you are talking about wasn't shown on mobile site before. So it would be adding something, not returning. I'm asking for rearranging the new features only. Which was just denied.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

The information you are talking about wasn't shown on mobile site before. So it would be adding something, not returning. I'm asking for rearranging the new features only. Which was just denied.

Ok I understand better now. Thank you.