Motherboard light is no longer on all other components seem to be working though including fans

CrazieChipmunk
Go to solution Solved by bmx6454,
8 minutes ago, CrazieChipmunk said:

Any ideas what this could be, is my motherboard fried, if so would this be covered by warranty as im pretty sure ive done nothing wrong?

i can't see why it wouldn't be covered, you should be fine if you have to go the rma route. have you tried reseating all of the psu connection, ram, ect? since it was just built, could be a loose connection somewhere.

I built a new computer yesterday, and everything has been working fine since, however all of a sudden my keyboard, mouse and display all cut out with the pc still on, so naturally i went to go turn it off it didnt, so i left it for 20mins cameback still wasnt turning off by the power button so i had to use the powersupply. During the time of the cut out my gpu was simulating so its usage was 100% my only guess is it caused a power surge and now my motherboard is fried. This doesnt make much sense to me since i had more than enough power to handle all the components. 

The motherboard is a gigabyte aorus elite ax v2, now when i turn the computer on the orange light stays off i get zero display and my keyboard and mouse dont work, however all fans seem to be spinning including the gpu's. 

Temps before this were fine as well

Any ideas what this could be, is my motherboard fried, if so would this be covered by warranty as im pretty sure ive done nothing wrong?

8 minutes ago, CrazieChipmunk said:

i can't see why it wouldn't be covered, you should be fine if you have to go the rma route. have you tried reseating all of the psu connection, ram, ect? since it was just built, could be a loose connection somewhere.

8 minutes ago, bmx6454 said:

oh shit lol, thanks i did resit the 24pin and didnt really think to do any others (me being a dumb ass) i just reseated the cpu 8 pin and we seem to be back up and running again. Would make sense that 8pin being loose as i had a hard time getting it in because my cooler was getting in the way