Last nail in the Razer Coffin

Agojama1

I would like to share a story of how my dear-loved Razer DeathAdder Essential hit the bucket.

TL:DR No software support from Razer.

I was using it on Windows without any problems.

Then i got a mac for a job and it worked fine as default, but Razer Synapse 2 does not work with Essential and Synapse 3 is not available for MacOS.

But then I got a Virtual Machine on said mac and Razer stopped working as a mouse and became a waste of my time.

What I learned - by default Razer has a higher default DPI and on Ubuntu VM it just stops working properly.

I tried open-sourced drivers, but they couldn't help, because input was still from a mac.

And people who support open-source for Ubuntu and other Linux systems don't waste their time for Mac.

Now I have a mouse that only works with PC and is piece of unsupported hardware for everything else.

I will have to buy a new mouse now, because im not an octopus to have 2-3 mouses on the table.

Things that I tried:
- Configure Parallels application for mouse use in VM
- Allow VM to use Razer mouse directly
- Edit xinput tool on Ubuntu
- Edit all setting in default Ubuntu mouse manager and Gnome Tweak Tool
- Install Razer drivers and GUI for Ubuntu from open-source. I could edit colors, but not the behavior
- Try open-sourced driver for Big Sur, doesn't have my mouse
- Try other workarounds for Mac, but the problem lies within the hardware and the DPI it communicates further.

Hope that helps.

I really hope Razer would stop existing as a company, and will be busy molding hardware for other companies who would still be willing to buy Razer brand and logo.

I hate Razer for every rational reason in the book.  But when you mess around with iOS, you get whatever flustercluck Apple hands you.

Every Razer device I ever had lasted less than one year before having hardware issues like doubleclick doubletype or even sensor issues.

And my razer man o war snapped on the top because they had the head cushion held on by toothpick sized plastic.

Go Logitech/Corsair.

Id recommend a G502, as everyone i have ever met got a g502 and never stopped using their g502.

G502 lightspeed though, the older cheaper ones have rather crappy scroll wheels.

System Specs: AMD 5950x PBO-AutoNoctua DH-15 Black | Gigabyte x570 MasterEVGA 3080FTW3 Ultra | (2x16gb) G.Skill Royal 3600mhz CL18 | Corsair 5000D Airflow (Black) Samsung 980 Pro 2TB & Firecuda 520 1TB & Crucial MX500 2tb850W Corsair RMX | 2 Noctua A14 CPU, 6 Noctua A12x25 Intake, 3x Noctua F12 Top Exhaust, 1x Noctua A12x25 Back Exhaust

Monitors: (Main) LG Ultragear 34" 2k Ultrawide 144hz IPS '34GP83A-B' (Side) Acer Predator 27" 2k 144hz TN 'Abmiprz'

Peripherals: Corsair K100 OPX | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | Corsair Virtuoso SE | Audioengine A2+

Gigabyte.  Their laptops suck.  But their peripherals are bang on.