Corsair iCue causing "No keyboard detected" message at startup?

FRD

Ok, so this is not really a problem, but it's just a tiny thing that's bugging me.

When starting my PC, at the bootscreen it usually says "No keyboard detected", then proceeds to startup and I can use my keyboard normally in Windows. The lights already turn on when booting, so it's detected.

This started happening after I installed Corsair iCue. Without iCue the message wasn't there yet.

I'm using a Corsair K55 RGB, which before could not be detected by iCue. It only did after I reset the board. Before that I used the buttons to change lights.

My keyboard is connected to my monitor's USB hub. My motherboard is an Asus one.

Anyone else experiences this too with Corsair keyboards? Any easy way to fix it?

It's not really a problem though, more like a detail and 1-2 second boot delay.
A solution would be to uninstall Corsair iCue, but that's not what I want for now.

I doubt the issue is actually related to iCue since until you get past the BIOS screen no drivers or software are actually loaded so it wouldn't make sense for iCue to affect the BIOS's detection of the keyboard since it shouldn't have any effect on POST. So I'd imagine the reset or iCue affected the keyboard in such a way that it is not detected at start up anymore, either that or the issue could be related to the fact that the keyboard is connected to the monitor's USB hub instead of directly on the motherboard. My brother had a K55 RGB he used for a while and he had no such issues.

2 hours ago, AndreiArgeanu said:

I doubt the issue is actually related to iCue since until you get past the BIOS screen no drivers or software are actually loaded so it wouldn't make sense for iCue to affect the BIOS's detection of the keyboard since it shouldn't have any effect on POST. So I'd imagine the reset or iCue affected the keyboard in such a way that it is not detected at start up anymore, either that or the issue could be related to the fact that the keyboard is connected to the monitor's USB hub instead of directly on the motherboard. My brother had a K55 RGB he used for a while and he had no such issues.

I wonder what it is then. It wasn't there before I installed iCue and before I completely reset the keyboard. I also tried reseating the USB, no difference. In the beginning it worked fine without the error when connected to the monitor's USB. I never had it connected directly to the motherboard. It's just annoying to see at post, that's the only thing.