Asus MultiCore Enhancement vs Intel Turbo Boost

Omie

I have an i7 7700k and IX Formula motherboard with an H115i cooler.

From what I read:

• Asus's Multi-core enhancement (MCE) - Boosts all CPU cores to max turbo speeds.
  • Intel Turbo boost - Usually boosts 1 CPU core to max turbo speeds.

If I turn off Intel's Turbo boost, will Asus's MCE still boost my CPU cores to max turbo speeds? If so, does Intel's Turbo Boost need to even be enabled?

Its a 7700k, just manually set all cores to max turbo multi or maybe even abit higher if diminishing returns isnt a problem aka manual overclock

Just now, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Its a 7700k, just manually set all cores to max turbo multi or maybe even abit higher if diminishing returns isnt a problem aka manual overclock

I see. But my question is should I turn off Intel's turbo boost since MCE boosts all my cpu cores to turbo speeds anyways?

Just now, Omie said:

I see. But my question is should I turn off Intel's turbo boost since MCE boosts all my cpu cores to turbo speeds anyways?

Well just try it and see what happens ¯\_ (ツ) _/¯ 

Though manual oc is gonna be more efficient since you can set a lower volt cause these cpu boosting settings in the bios tend to uneccesarily overvolt your cpu

MCE uses Intel Turbo Boost to run your CPU at full speed. If you disable Turbo Boost, MCE might not work correctly. Sometimes the BIOS is smart and if it sees that you have enabled MCE, it will automatically enable Turbo Boost regardless of whether you have Turbo Boost enabled or disabled in the BIOS. 

10 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Well just try it and see what happens

That is always the best advice. 

The only way to discover how a motherboard handles Turbo Boost and MCE is to do some hands on testing.

11 hours ago, unclewebb said:

MCE uses Intel Turbo Boost to run your CPU at full speed. If you disable Turbo Boost, MCE might not work correctly. Sometimes the BIOS is smart and if it sees that you have enabled MCE, it will automatically enable Turbo Boost regardless of whether you have Turbo Boost enabled or disabled in the BIOS. 

That is always the best advice. 

The only way to discover how a motherboard handles Turbo Boost and MCE is to do some hands on testing.

Thanks I tested it and if turbo boost is disabled MCE only boosts to 4.2Ghz on my i7 7700k so turbo boost needs to be enabled so MCE can boost all cores to the 4.5GHz boost.