Silent wired mouse / trackball

Hi all.

I'm looking for a silent, wired mouse. Preferably horizontal scroll too and a few programmable buttons, but these aren't a must. Free scrolls would be very nice.

Silenced G502 or corded MX Master 3 could do. Something like that. Must not be Logi, manufacturer does not matter. Although Linux-compatibility would be great plus.

Any ideas besides somehow modding the 502?

Was also eyeing on trackballs, out of curiosity as I never tried them. But also haven't found any claims about silenced clicks.

Any reason for wired? I mean logitechs wireless stuff is best in class and indistinguishable from wired.

define "silent" mouse.  switch activation makes noise; that's kind of how it work.

22 hours ago, IPD said:

define "silent" mouse.  switch activation makes noise; that's kind of how it work.

silent clicks

On 11/3/2021 at 1:21 PM, jaslion said:

Any reason for wired? I mean logitechs wireless stuff is best in class and indistinguishable from wired.

no hassle with batteries, less EMF exposure

34 minutes ago, rek85 said:

no hassle with batteries, less EMF exposure

Depending on the unit it's one charge a month and can be used cabled. The emf exposure is negligible.

Mice with your asks are very hard to find actually. The one not crappy one if found it a m110 wired silenced version.

30 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Mice with your asks are very hard to find actually. The one not crappy one if found it a m110 wired silenced version.

yes, thats the reason i've asked in the first place.

have seen m110 already, would leave it as a last resort. mice in this category tend to last less than a year, first to malfunctiong being usually the scroll wheel  (moves physically, but stutters, or even scrolls in opposite direction for a few steps)

i'll probably try to dampen g502's switches and soundproof it a little. won't be the first one to do so, there already are some tips out there. wanted to spare me the hassle, but seems like there simply are no better options.

9 hours ago, rek85 said:

silent clicks

In my decades of PC use, I have never encountered such a thing.  Unless you are using some virtual mouse where you are moving your fingers through a laser/holographic representation of a mouse....such a thing does not exist.

Even the M110, listed as "90% quieter" means little.  Decibels are a logarithmic scale.