GTX 760 3GB 192bit for approx. $45. Good deal?

Monster_King
Go to solution Solved by FRD,

Yes, that's a good deal. Pretty much normal price for a secondhand 760 before the shortage. I see 770s go for about $75 or more now and it's really similar, so I would get it.

The only thing is that it's not really better than a 1050 4GB, it's older, but it can be better in some games. For RL on low settings and YouTube FHD it's totally fine.

If you upgrade your CPU later, you can either get any i5 or go for a i7 2600(k) or i7 3770(k) if you can.

I'm about to pick up a Asus GTX 760 3GB in a couple of hours. Is it a good deal for putting it into an i3 2120 system that I'm also about to upgrade to an i7 in the near future? I will use it mostly for playing Rocket League at low settings (because I'm tired of listening to the fan on my laptop going turbo with a GTX 1050 4GB) and playing YouTube at 1080p.

what else can you find at around that price?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

what else can you find at around that price?

I don't remember the series but it was an AMD card from that similar era and I can ask what other GPU's they have when I get there (in about 3 hours).

1 minute ago, Monster_King said:

I don't remember the series but it was an AMD card from that similar era and I can ask what other GPU's they have when I get there (in about 3 hours).

can't tell you whether it's a good deal when we know nothing about your local used market or your other options.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

2 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

can't tell you whether it's a good deal when we know nothing about your local used market or your other options.

They are out of my price range, but here are some that are in my my state's own version of eBay. 

GTX 1080 - ~$500

GTX 1060 - ~$275

RX 580 - ~$320

R7 370 4GB - ~$150

These are the only ones that are around me and way out of my budget.

Yes, that's a good deal. Pretty much normal price for a secondhand 760 before the shortage. I see 770s go for about $75 or more now and it's really similar, so I would get it.

The only thing is that it's not really better than a 1050 4GB, it's older, but it can be better in some games. For RL on low settings and YouTube FHD it's totally fine.

If you upgrade your CPU later, you can either get any i5 or go for a i7 2600(k) or i7 3770(k) if you can.