No bottleneck but still not performing good.

VYenemy
36 minutes ago, emosun said:

as stated it's not standardized so you'll have to look at the clock speeds and determine at what temp they start to be reduced

hmm do you have any idea what is this about

kuva_2021-10-31_222739.png

The storage hardware looks fine. I suspect you are thermal throttling.

Download MSI afterburner I run it in background. Open up a game and play for some time. Alternatively you can run stress test software like prime95. The goal is to watch your temps and CPU temps. The CPU should turbo up normally to its max turbo frequency of 3.8 GHz and keep it there with a normal temp. If the temp rises over the maximum temp which is determined by the manufacturer then the CPU will start to thermal throttle in other words start reducing the clock until it reaches a stable frequency to temp ratio. If thermal throttle occurs this can mean a couple of things: 

1. Check if the fan is spinning - obvious thing

2. Check if there is dust build up if yes - CLEAN IT! Recommendation: Compressed air can and some kind of fine cloth/brush.

3. Would strongly recommend changing the thermal paste! This will probably be the culprit. If you need help with this you have ample tutorials on the internet and LTT forum. 

While we are at it stress test the GPU using (Furmark the easiest, fastest way), Unigine, 3D Mark

Same procedure watch your frequency of the GPU and the temps.

Finally report back here your observations.

To be an expert is to know more about less.

• 2014 Build --> FX 8350 4.7GHz {} ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer {} Reference GTX 980 4GB {} 2x4GB 1866MHz HyperX {} Seagate 2TB 7200rpm {} 840 EVO 120GB {} XFX PRO850W {} Noctua NH D14 {} Fractal Define R4 White Windowed
  • 2018 Build --> Ryzen 7 2700X {} ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4 {} Gigabyte RTX 2070 8GB {} 2x8GB HX Fury 3200MHz {} Toshiba P300 2TB {} Kingston 480GB A1000 {} Corsair RM750W {} Enermax LIQMAX II 240 {} Fractal Focus G
  • 2021 Build --> Ryzen 9 5900X {} ASUS ROG Strix X570-F GAMING {} ASUS GeForce RTX 3080Ti ROG STRIX OC {} Gigabyte AORUS RGB DDR4 32GB {} Kingston KC2500 M.2 2280 NVMe 2TB {} Seasonic FOCUS GX-1000 {} ASUS ROG Ryujin 240 AIO {} NYXT H710i
  • Laptop --> ASUS ROG STRIX G713RS {} Ryzen 9 6900HX {} 32GB DDR5 {} RTX 3080 {} 1TB NVMe {} Win 11 Home

35 minutes ago, VYenemy said:

hmm do you have any idea what is this about

kuva_2021-10-31_222739.png

never mind this is because i have low battery XD

19 minutes ago, greeatzy said:

The storage hardware looks fine. I suspect you are thermal throttling.

Download MSI afterburner I run it in background. Open up a game and play for some time. Alternatively you can run stress test software like prime95. The goal is to watch your temps and CPU temps. The CPU should turbo up normally to its max turbo frequency of 3.8 GHz and keep it there with a normal temp. If the temp rises over the maximum temp which is determined by the manufacturer then the CPU will start to thermal throttle in other words start reducing the clock until it reaches a stable frequency to temp ratio. If thermal throttle occurs this can mean a couple of things: 

1. Check if the fan is spinning - obvious thing

2. Check if there is dust build up if yes - CLEAN IT! Recommendation: Compressed air can and some kind of fine cloth/brush.

3. Would strongly recommend changing the thermal paste! This will probably be the culprit. If you need help with this you have ample tutorials on the internet and LTT forum. 

While we are at it stress test the GPU using (Furmark the easiest, fastest way), Unigine, 3D Mark

Same procedure watch your frequency of the GPU and the temps.

Finally report back here your observations.

yeah  the fans are pretty dusty and i intend to clean them, also i think i could change to liquid metal. but i dont belive im thermal throtling cuz i have stabile 80 max temps on both cpu and gpu and the clocks arent dropping. 

Just now, VYenemy said:

yeah  the fans are pretty dusty and i intend to clean them, also i think i could change to liquid metal. but i dont belive im thermal throtling cuz i have stabile 80 max temps on both cpu and gpu and the clocks arent dropping. 

im going to look into this more.

7 minutes ago, VYenemy said:

4 minutes ago, VYenemy said:

im going to look into this more.

Liquid metal will reduce your temps by 5 to 10 C but its not like recommended for the end user so its up to you.

Look more into the temps and clocks. benchmarks or rather stress test are always more precise rather than games.

To be an expert is to know more about less.

• 2014 Build --> FX 8350 4.7GHz {} ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer {} Reference GTX 980 4GB {} 2x4GB 1866MHz HyperX {} Seagate 2TB 7200rpm {} 840 EVO 120GB {} XFX PRO850W {} Noctua NH D14 {} Fractal Define R4 White Windowed
  • 2018 Build --> Ryzen 7 2700X {} ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4 {} Gigabyte RTX 2070 8GB {} 2x8GB HX Fury 3200MHz {} Toshiba P300 2TB {} Kingston 480GB A1000 {} Corsair RM750W {} Enermax LIQMAX II 240 {} Fractal Focus G
  • 2021 Build --> Ryzen 9 5900X {} ASUS ROG Strix X570-F GAMING {} ASUS GeForce RTX 3080Ti ROG STRIX OC {} Gigabyte AORUS RGB DDR4 32GB {} Kingston KC2500 M.2 2280 NVMe 2TB {} Seasonic FOCUS GX-1000 {} ASUS ROG Ryujin 240 AIO {} NYXT H710i
  • Laptop --> ASUS ROG STRIX G713RS {} Ryzen 9 6900HX {} 32GB DDR5 {} RTX 3080 {} 1TB NVMe {} Win 11 Home

27 minutes ago, greeatzy said:

benchmarks or rather stress test are always more precise rather than games.

they didnt buy their computer to stare at a benchmark

31 minutes ago, greeatzy said:

Liquid metal will reduce your temps by 5 to 10 C but its not like recommended for the end user so its up to you.

Look more into the temps and clocks. benchmarks or rather stress test are always more precise rather than games.

3 minutes ago, emosun said:

they didnt buy their computer to stare at a benchmark

yeah ill look into games and benchmarks on how they work with clock speeds and thermals.