I got bored, so I took photos

You know, you can scale the pictures down to like 800x600 (they still maintain the sharpness, just get smaller in size (also helluvalot smaller in terms of file size). Not all people have fast and/or unlimited cap internet (not saying I have problems, but some people, for example mobile users have to wait a looong time to load the pics). I personally scale down every picture I take to get the file size smaller.

Nice pics btw.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

You know, you can scale the pictures down to like 800x600 (they still maintain the sharpness, just get smaller in size (also helluvalot smaller in terms of file size). Not all people have fast and/or unlimited cap internet (not saying I have problems, but some people, for example mobile users have to wait a looong time to load the pics). I personally scale down every picture I take to get the file size smaller.

Nice pics btw.

I did know that. 

If I were to actually put these on a website (like, A LOT of them) I would scale them down.

NEVER........

I am assuming that you also like DoF?

I am assuming that you also like DoF?

There has to be some DoF-whores out there... :lol:

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Nice photos.

Alas, at the moment I know nothing about cameras and DSLRs in particular.

But still awesome photos ;)

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

I took these a few days ago when at my uncles house 

Here is the original Imgur Album: http://imgur.com/a/zWXgT

Here are the RAW files (in JPEG format, so not completely RAW :P ) : http://www.mediafire.com/download/7czzicx9p67kmf6/Dog_Pictures.rar

And here they are embedded: 

Eb2TlD5.jpg

1A5zrpu.jpg

MoZaMLj.jpg

opWozDF.jpg

vytzsIV.jpg

I know that the last two are dark. It was a mixture of bad lightning (later at night than the others) and higher shutter speed. 

I took these a few days ago when at my uncles house 

Here is the original Imgur Album: http://imgur.com/a/zWXgT

Here are the RAW files (in JPEG format, so not completely RAW :P ) : http://www.mediafire.com/download/7czzicx9p67kmf6/Dog_Pictures.rar

And here they are embedded: 

[snip]

[snip]

[schneep]

[snip]

[snip]

I know that the last two are dark. It was a mixture of bad lightning (later at night than the others) and higher shutter speed. 

IMO the second last pic in a way looks great even though it looks dark.

IMO the second last pic in a way looks great even though it looks dark.

I wish it had turned out brighter :( 

Im no photographer but isnt DOF based highly on the aperture rating of the lens?

Well, partially.

DoF also is based off the focal length (zoom vs wide), the distance at which you're focused at (how far from the lens to subject) and the distance from them to the background.

It kinda cool how it works, wide angle lenses have deep DoFs whereas telephoto lenses have a shallower DoF (along with compression which adds to shallow DoF).

Now a cool thing you can do, is get a wider lens, go really up close to something, and make sure there's alot of distance to the background, then take your photo. You'll notice that it actually has a shallow ish DoF. Then retake the photo with a Tele and you can see the difference. (this is assuming you're shooting wide opend)

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

I like them. A bit too heavy on the DOF for my personal tastes but they look good.

Im guessing you mean bokeh ?

Also nice photos :)

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....