m.2 nvme ssd keeps disappearing

Abd Alazez

I Bought my new laptop lenovo legion 5 it has 256 gb m.2 ssd which haveWindows on it

so I installed a 1 tb m.2 ssd from Adata and it was working fine until Windows asked for a restart after the restart the 1 tb ssd disappeared completely so I shutdown my computer and turning it on again and it won't boot up so I keep pressing the power button until it shut down again and when I turn it on the second time it's Boot It Up Normally and the ssd was there with no problems so I said it's maybe a bug I continued on with my day until the antivirus ask for a restart and the same problem happened again so I tried to recreate the problem by restarting the computer and didn't happen so is there anything wrong or is it just bad luck

(sorry for my English) 

41 minutes ago, Abd Alazez said:

I Bought my new laptop lenovo legion 5 it has 256 gb m.2 ssd which haveWindows on it

so I installed a 1 tb m.2 ssd from Adata and it was working fine until Windows asked for a restart after the restart the 1 tb ssd disappeared completely so I shutdown my computer and turning it on again and it won't boot up so I keep pressing the power button until it shut down again and when I turn it on the second time it's Boot It Up Normally and the ssd was there with no problems so I said it's maybe a bug I continued on with my day until the antivirus ask for a restart and the same problem happened again so I tried to recreate the problem by restarting the computer and didn't happen so is there anything wrong or is it just bad luck

(sorry for my English) 

Specs of the machine would be handy here I think.  There’s a bunch of pinned posts at the top of troubleshooting that will have what is often needed as well as some suggestions for common problems.  

Of particular interest is whether this machine has or had an HDD in it and whether it was a boot drive at one time.  There are also possible bios issue things.  specs would just help.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

25 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Specs of the machine would be handy here I think.  There’s a bunch of pinned posts at the top of troubleshooting that will have what is often needed as well as some suggestions for common problems.  

Of particular interest is whether this machine has or had an HDD in it and whether it was a boot drive at one time.  There are also possible bios issue things.  specs would just help.

ryzen 7 4800H 

1660ti 

144hz

the model is 15ARH05H 

and I Bought it new so I don't think it had an hdd drive

5 hours ago, Abd Alazez said:

ryzen 7 4800H 

1660ti 

144hz

the model is 15ARH05H 

and I Bought it new so I don't think it had an hdd drive

“The model?”  It’s a prebuilt? Gah.  Laptop. Of course it is.  Sorry.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 hours ago, Abd Alazez said:

(sorry for my English) 

If it’s the only drive in the thing with windows on it of course it won’t boot.  Might post though depending on what asus did for a bios on the thing.  Still got the manual?  It might have a key that you hit after power on to force bios. “Delete” is common but not universal.