Spilt soda on laptop.

I accidentally spilt soda on my ASUS ROG Strix G17 (2020, i7-10750h, rtx 2070). I turned if off immediately while cleaning up the soda. I know to leave it off for 24 hours, but I'm worried about it. There are no ASUS service centers around me. 

I pried off the space bar and noticed that there's a clear film and there's little to no space for the soda to seep through. Is the G17 liquid resistant? Will I just have to worry about sticky keys or should I take it in for a cleaning? It was about 5 to 15 seconds between the soda spill and the clean up.

Most of the soda was under the spacebar/on the track pad I think btw.

9 minutes ago, GoldForest said:

G17 liquid resistant

Nope, if asus does something like that, they brand the shit out of it. It is probably there as a dust shield to protect keys/domes. As for sticky keys, its a little too early to say. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Should be taken apart, battery disconnected, and inspected to see if any liquid got further in, if yes thoroughly cleaned all through.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

You should also take out or disconnect the battery

If you want me to answer, please use the quote function or tag me. I dont get notified unless you do

16 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Should be taken apart, battery disconnected, and inspected to see if any liquid got further in, if yes thoroughly cleaned all through.

14 minutes ago, Tegneren said:

You should also take out or disconnect the battery

I can't right now, at work. It didn't seem like much liquid was underneath the space bar. I'll check it when I get home and clean it if I have to. 

20211026_040206.jpg