Cpu usage is too low

Go to solution Solved by ZoneKrg,

Is it normal or i'm doing things wrong, i got i9 9900/2x8 3000/980pro/ml240lv2 Lcooler and when i play games like just cause 3, cpu doesn't get used or get hot, i mean idle is 27c load 32c and opening multiple games til i see 4 fps, it's still not going above 30% usage with 36c and it just makes me annoyed i saw peoples getting 50fps in gtaV with i5's UHD630. I did not built this pc for games i just wanted to have something looks good and performs good in daily uses (movies basic games like terraria) but sometimes i just wanna play something better but this cpu aint trying to give me fps. I've been on bios only once for xmp, not changed anything. Also motherboard is b365m ds3h gigabyte.

other informations:

psu is 600w 80+gold

rams hyperx fury 3k/2x8

i know components are not for i9 9900 nonk, its for fun and looks

also can i ask, do i need to change mb or psu? or even the power cable, do i have to plug it alone?

and what can i do in bios.

Is it normal or i'm doing things wrong, i got i9 9900/2x8 3000/980pro/ml240lv2 Lcooler and when i play games like just cause 3, cpu doesn't get used or get hot, i mean idle is 27c load 32c and opening multiple games til i see 4 fps, it's still not going above 30% usage with 36c and it just makes me annoyed i saw peoples getting 50fps in gtaV with i5's UHD630. I did not built this pc for games i just wanted to have something looks good and performs good in daily uses (movies basic games like terraria) but sometimes i just wanna play something better but this cpu aint trying to give me fps. I've been on bios only once for xmp, not changed anything. Also motherboard is b365m ds3h gigabyte.

other informations:

psu is 600w 80+gold

rams hyperx fury 3k/2x8

i know components are not for i9 9900 nonk, its for fun and looks

also can i ask, do i need to change mb or psu? or even the power cable, do i have to plug it alone?

and what can i do in bios.

Are the integrated graphics drivers installed??? Do you happen to know what it's utilizations are like?? 

Don't expect much from integrated graphics unless the games are over 10 years old. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

12 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Are the integrated graphics drivers installed??? Do you happen to know what it's utilizations are like?? 

Don't expect much from integrated graphics unless the games are over 10 years old. 

Yeah i installed the driver from intel's website but even in lowest settings 720p stranded deep is 25 fps, that seems not okay. I saw tons of videos that benchmarks uhd630 and theres thousands of peoples that uses i7's and i5's uhd630 is getting more fps than mine. All of these can't be fake right? or 2k peoples just grouped and tricking people that has uhd630 😕

also as i said my cpu has low usage even in extreme load.

Just now, ZoneKrg said:

Yeah i installed the driver from intel's website but even in lowest settings 720p stranded deep is 25 fps, that seems not okay. I saw tons of videos that benchmarks uhd630 and theres thousands of peoples that uses i7's and i5's uhd630 is getting more fps than mine. All of these can't be fake right? or 2k peoples just grouped and tricking people that has uhd630 😕

One part of the problem is your memory is most likely at 2166MHz, since this is a B-series motherboard and does not allow for memory overclocking, or the use of XMP to achieve those 3000MHz speeds. This will play a big factor in your integrated graphics' performance since it will boost performance using XMP. 

The reviews are not fake. They could have used different hardware for memory/XMP for better results. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

5 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

One part of the problem is your memory is most likely at 2166MHz, since this is a B-series motherboard and does not allow for memory overclocking, or the use of XMP to achieve those 3000MHz speeds. This will play a big factor in your integrated graphics' performance since it will boost performance using XMP. 

The reviews are not fake. They could have used different hardware for memory/XMP for better results. 

You're right but my cpu is 2666 mhz max and rams are working on 2666 right now also i don't think 500mhz will increase 50fps. My opinion is on cpu setting which is smt etc. because when i'm on game cpu doesn't using 90% of 8 core 16 thread or basically 400$

heat is not a big deal for me now i just wanna use the rest of the cpu

3 minutes ago, ZoneKrg said:

You're right but my cpu is 2666 mhz max and rams are working on 2666 right now also i don't think 500mhz will increase 50fps. My opinion is on cpu setting which is smt etc. because when i'm on game cpu doesn't using 90% of 8 core 16 thread or basically 400$

heat is not a big deal for me now i just wanna use the rest of the cpu

Oh ok. I just had a wall bang mistake. No, I don't expect a 50FPS delta between what others are getting compared to what you are achieving. Are you on the latest BIOS by any chance? 

6 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Oh ok. I just had a wall bang mistake. No, I don't expect a 50FPS delta between what others are getting compared to what you are achieving. Are you on the latest BIOS by any chance? 

yeah i just set some weird settings in bios i'll try games now again and it is latest bios

Just now, ZoneKrg said:

yeah i just set some weird settings in bios i'll try games now again and its latest bios

I would try setting everything to default and clear CMOS, reenable XMP and see if anything changes. Also, is your RAM in the appropriate RAM slots, typically the 2nd and 4th from the CPU socket. 

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

I would try setting everything to default and clear CMOS, reenable XMP and see if anything changes. Also, is your RAM in the appropriate RAM slots, typically the 2nd and 4th from the CPU socket. 

they are in dimm1 and dimm3 also i'm going to try default settings now

I wouldn't expect an i9-9900 to be heavily utilized in games when paired with it's integrated graphics. You're entirely bottlenecked by the GPU.

As far as not being able to hit known benchmarks, you may want to DDU the driver and install directly from Intel.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

10 minutes ago, ZoneKrg said:

they are in dimm1 and dimm3 also i'm going to try default settings now

They should be in DDR4_1 and DDR4_2. 

B365M.png

RAM.png

2 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

I wouldn't expect an i9-9900 to be heavily utilized in games when paired with it's integrated graphics. You're entirely bottlenecked by the GPU.

As far as not being able to hit known benchmarks, you may want to DDU the driver and install directly from Intel.

Current driver is from intel 

1 minute ago, CommanderAlex said:

They should be in DDR4_1 and DDR4_2. 

B365M.png

RAM.png

This is how i placed already

Just now, ZoneKrg said:

Current driver is from intel 

... And you completely ignored the most important part of that sentence.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

Just now, ZoneKrg said:

This is how i placed already

Oh, just because you said DIMM1 and DIMM3, I thought you meant otherwise. 

14 minutes ago, svmlegacy said:

... And you completely ignored the most important part of that sentence.

I'm completely burnt man i'm on this subject for like 5 hours now and it's 04:54 am can you explain me basically?

Screenshot_24.png

Edited by ZoneKrg
photo added