Is my iphone battery dead?

wolfff

Basically it stopped charging trough the plug overtime, now i am charging it always with a wireless charger.

i am noticing that slowly it is chjaring slower and slower and at the moment is it at 4 percent charged while 2 hours back it was at 3 percent charged.

The battery also drains quicker, not by alot it still survives the day but still.

What the actual *bleep* is happening to my phone? i dont have a lot of money since i am a student and i dont want to spend extra money on repairing my phone if i dont know what is wrong.

iphone xs, 1.5 year old.

28 minutes ago, wolfff said:

Basically it stopped charging trough the plug overtime, now i am charging it always with a wireless charger.

i am noticing that slowly it is chjaring slower and slower and at the moment is it at 4 percent charged while 2 hours back it was at 3 percent charged.

The battery also drains quicker, not by alot it still survives the day but still.

What the actual *bleep* is happening to my phone? i dont have a lot of money since i am a student and i dont want to spend extra money on repairing my phone if i dont know what is wrong.

iphone xs, 1.5 year old.

Not charging at all via the Lightning port could be a dirty or otherwise inoperable port, or it could be a sign the battery is slowly wearing out. Slow charging over wireless could also be a battery that's wearing out, or might just be a really slow wireless charger. Apple includes Battery Health and Performance monitoring in the Settings app on every iPhone running iOS 11.3 since the iPhone 6, so I'd check that out first, then contact Apple or an authorized repair center.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208387

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

On 10/24/2021 at 12:13 AM, wolfff said:

Battery able to survive day doesn't seem that dead.  

On 10/24/2021 at 12:13 AM, wolfff said:

iphone xs, 1.5 year old.

If you are in the EU, then its likely you can have the battery replaced if it died that quickly. The goal would be to make the case that the battery is faulty, and not buy the "Apple gives 1 year warranty only" BS. In EU the minimum is 2 years, and it is shop's responsibility to fix your phones, not Apple corporate. Battery dying in 1,5 years is not normal, but not unheard of.Mine lasted 3+ years, the replacement another 3 years, and the only reason I dumped my 5S is that Apple does not manufacture the battery anymore (nor the Chinese), otherwise its a fully functional phone.

If not, then you can get free quote at Apple Store/ AASP.  If they will charge too much, you can sell that phone and buy something cheaper and have extra money for future battery replacements.