Use laptop (Surface book 3) as external boot drive

AlexNoodles

Can I use the drive in my surface book 3 as a boot drive for my PC when I connect them ?

I use a surface book 3 for uni and a desktop at home. I am looking for some way to connect my laptop to my desktop at home and make the PC boot from the laptops drive thus using the PC's resources and outputs which would also basicly make it a docking station.

The reason I want to do this is simply that my desktop has a way better port selection, I wouldnt need a ethernet switch and I could use my desktops graphics card and stuff.

Now Im also aware of shared folders and I might end up just doing that but I would prefer it if I could just plug my laptop into my PC (my desktop does have usb c, pretty high spec but not really sure, will have to edit later when I find the spec) and make my laptop (which would be seen as a external drive) the 1st boot drive thus letting me acces the laptops files aswell.

bonus points if I can still acces the drives in my PC but thats not important.

I did some quick googling and found out that Macs do have something similair and that there were some older laptops which supported it but couldnt find anything modern so thats why Im asking here.

Anyways if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them and thanks in advance.