Minecraft Java Not Running Optimally

I recently bought this ASUS Zephyrus G15 with the 3070 and overall it's a great laptop for both gaming and school however the performance seems to not be up to spec for the hardware I'm using. Playing Minecraft at 1440p I'm getting maybe 30 frames per second at max settings. I could be wrong, but that performance is not exactly what I expect from such high level hardware. Looking at task manager I can see that the cpu and gpu are both running at about 30-40 percent which is odd to me; why isn't the usage increasing if the game is running so poorly? If anybody has any tips or tricks, or is even experiencing the same issue any response is appreciated, thank you.

Sounds like it is trying to use the igpu instead of the dGPU. Could try this. or try messing in NVIDIA control panel settings to make the dGPU the default. either way, you should download Geforce Experience and install the latest drivers for it.

Sorry I probably edited my post. Refresh plz. Build Specs Below.

System

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX X570-F
  • RAM
    32 GB (2X8) Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CAS 16
  • GPU
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3070
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Sabrent 1 TB TLC PCI 4.0 NVMe M.2
  • PSU
    NZXT C850 Gold PSU
  • Display(s)
    MSI Optix MAG342CQR 34" UWQHD
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT 240mm
  • Operating System
    Windows 11

Minecraft Java is just runs badly in general, and you'll need to turn down the render distance to something like 12 to get it running at a reasonable framerate. It's always CPU bound on a single core, which is why it isn't stressing your GPU very hard.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

4 minutes ago, mr fobs said:

Sounds like it is trying to use the igpu instead of the dGPU. Could try this. or try messing in NVIDIA control panel settings to make the dGPU the default. either way, you should download Geforce Experience and install the latest drivers for it.

7 minutes ago, AndrewHasAName said:

I recently bought this ASUS Zephyrus G15 with the 3070 and overall it's a great laptop for both gaming and school however the performance seems to not be up to spec for the hardware I'm using. Playing Minecraft at 1440p I'm getting maybe 30 frames per second at max settings. I could be wrong, but that performance is not exactly what I expect from such high level hardware. Looking at task manager I can see that the cpu and gpu are both running at about 30-40 percent which is odd to me; why isn't the usage increasing if the game is running so poorly? If anybody has any tips or tricks, or is even experiencing the same issue any response is appreciated, thank you.

I would also recommend running optifine if you aren't already. Vanilla java tends to run poorly despite the hardware you throw at it. Optifine is my go to any time Minecraft runs poorly.

I reccomend using lunar client as well as doing what @mr fobssaid to do. 

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

Try using the Sodium mod. It makes tons of under the hood optimizations and uses a newer version of OpenGL. You'll need to also install the Fabric mod API to load Sodium. 

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain