Mouse problem

flaxe

So every so often, my pulsefire would randomly spike in its sensitivity and then come back down to normal speed immediately. I thought I had a faulty mouse so I returned it, and got a 2nd pulsfire haste. Turns out that that does the same exact thing. I got both from Walmart, so I don't know if that affects anything since Walmart only sells the products, not makes them. I did everything the tech support guy told me to do on my first mouse, and the issue still persists. Any help? Is there something wrong with my computer that messes with the drivers? My old mouse didn't do this and its a $15 t7 mouse from pictek.

39 minutes ago, Flaxe said:

So every so often, my pulsefire would randomly spike in its sensitivity and then come back down to normal speed immediately. I thought I had a faulty mouse so I returned it, and got a 2nd pulsfire haste. Turns out that that does the same exact thing. I got both from Walmart, so I don't know if that affects anything since Walmart only sells the products, not makes them. I did everything the tech support guy told me to do on my first mouse, and the issue still persists. Any help? Is there something wrong with my computer that messes with the drivers? My old mouse didn't do this and its a $15 t7 mouse from pictek.

My understanding is they don’t even do that for a lot of their stuff.  They “display and facilitate sale” or something like that.  Doesn’t matter. Some gaming mice have or had sensitivity adjustment buttons for stuff like aiming. Errantly hitting one without knowing it (if the thing even has one) could do something like that.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Some gaming mice have or had sensitivity adjustment buttons for stuff like aiming. Errantly hitting one without knowing it (if the thing even has one) could do something like that.

Yes, the DPI button usually located in the center of the mouse. I'm 100% sure I'm not hitting it because my mouse has 4 default DPI's (I haven't changed anything in the software) and this mouse only has one DPI button which loops between the DPI settings. How could I be instantaneously hitting the DPI button once, then hitting it another 3 times, always getting it perfectly into the same DPI option I was using before?

14 minutes ago, Flaxe said:

Yes, the DPI button usually located in the center of the mouse. I'm 100% sure I'm not hitting it because my mouse has 4 default DPI's (I haven't changed anything in the software) and this mouse only has one DPI button which loops between the DPI settings. How could I be instantaneously hitting the DPI button once, then hitting it another 3 times, always getting it perfectly into the same DPI option I was using before?

Seems unlikely. The only mouse I’ve ever had that had one had it on the thumb side.  Might point towards where a possible problem might be perhaps. 

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Seems unlikely. The only mouse I’ve ever had that had one had it on the thumb side.  Might point towards where a possible problem might be perhaps. 

Hmm. What I'm thinking is that it's a conflict between a file or program in my pc, with my mouse driver. The chances of both the mice I buy being faulty in the same exact way are pretty slim. Also, for this mouse the button is on the top middle, right behind the scroll wheel. 

22 minutes ago, Flaxe said:

Hmm. What I'm thinking is that it's a conflict between a file or program in my pc, with my mouse driver. The chances of both the mice I buy being faulty in the same exact way are pretty slim. Also, for this mouse the button is on the top middle, right behind the scroll wheel. 

If it was software it wouldn’t be random though it could be pseudorandom.  Something would have to happen to cause it.  A buffer overflowing or some such.