I need new over ear headphones. Not an audiophile.

Joduko

I've been using these Status Audio CB-1 sincel ike 2016/17, the plastic has started cracking and the ear stuff has been flaking away getting all over me whenever I wear them.

Just need something under 100 dollars that I can enjoy my music and gaming that doesn't require professional equipment like DACs or AMPs to get the most out of them.

I recently got myself a Logitech G432 headset that is wired & they sound pretty great.

16 minutes ago, Joduko said:

I've been using these Status Audio CB-1 sincel ike 2016/17, the plastic has started cracking and the ear stuff has been flaking away getting all over me whenever I wear them.

Just need something under 100 dollars that I can enjoy my music and gaming that doesn't require professional equipment like DACs or AMPs to get the most out of them.

TLDNR:very possibly  no useful answer.  Just a clarification attempt

So I take it you’re primary interest is build quality over fidelity?  I have similar sentiments. I don’t have an answer, but I am interested in what answers arrive.  Long ago this meant serious comfort compromises had to be made. Thin Felt sheets for ear cushions, etc..  I don’t know if it still does though.

occurs to me that if they still work audio wise a DIY cover for the ear cushions and a friend (or yourself) with a 3d printer could provide a really cheap solution (cash wise anyway.  Time wise perhaps not so much) 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

26 minutes ago, Joduko said:

MH752. One of the best closed back headphones under 150$ even. They are praised since they are a reskin of studio headphones with a mic attached which is removable. They are very comfortable and the sound is very neutral.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

On 10/20/2021 at 3:13 PM, Bombastinator said:

TLDNR:very possibly  no useful answer.  Just a clarification attempt

So I take it you’re primary interest is build quality over fidelity?  I have similar sentiments. I don’t have an answer, but I am interested in what answers arrive.  Long ago this meant serious comfort compromises had to be made. Thin Felt sheets for ear cushions, etc..  I don’t know if it still does though.

occurs to me that if they still work audio wise a DIY cover for the ear cushions and a friend (or yourself) with a 3d printer could provide a really cheap solution (cash wise anyway.  Time wise perhaps not so much) 

Yes absolutely. Every headphone I've ever owned was lost due to either a wire fraying/deforming over time or the plastic size adjusters on the ear pieces breaking.

If I could get a pair of headphones with both a metal frame and detachable 3.5 wire option I would probably be able to use said headphones much longer until something far more critical broke like the drivers themselves.

You can get earpad replacements on some headphones--so keep that in mind.  Lower end ones may not have aftermarket support.

Sennheiser GSP300 is my <$100 recommendation for gaming headset.