4790k Frequency Question

If I manually set my cpu core frequency and uncore/cache frequency to 4.4ghz in my bios should i turn turbo boost on or off? Also, does anyone know what the K OC setting in the BIOS actually does?

A picture of the K OC setting in the BIOS? I suppose I could. Other than that I'm setting my cpu frequency to 4.4 ghz in bios and the cpu cach ratio to 4.4ghz as well. My temps go into the 70s running cinebench and all I do is game so I think I'm ok in that regard.

42 minutes ago, DukeJukem said:

A picture of the K OC setting in the BIOS? I suppose I could. Other than that I'm setting my cpu frequency to 4.4 ghz in bios and the cpu cach ratio to 4.4ghz as well. My temps go into the 70s running cinebench and all I do is game so I think I'm ok in that regard.

Id say just find the most efficient oc you can do (usually max efficiency of a cpu is around 1.25-1.3v) then find a max oc with the only limit being temp (volts are only dangerous once you get over ~1.6v for 22nm so not somrthing to worry about)

if im manually setting my clocks to 4.4 in the bios do i turn turbo boost off or leave it to auto is what im mainly asking

1 hour ago, DukeJukem said:

if im manually setting my clocks to 4.4 in the bios do i turn turbo boost off or leave it to auto is what im mainly asking

Id say just turn it off so the cpu freq doesnt adjust for better stability, also disable all the power saving sht like c states and if they still exist, sht like spread spectrum, also disable those