FiiO E10K(TC) Missing "Enhancement" Tab

Superpiggeh

Heya all, just got the FiiO E10K DAC but in the properties for the device, the "Enhancement" tab (usually containing stuff like Bass Boost, Loudness Equalization, etc.) is straight up missing.

1451998657_Screenshot2021-10-20021248.png.9cfc8892ea844d40fcac3ba2cb987961.png

Background/Context

The main reason it's an issue for me is the missing Loudness Equalization. I'm partially deaf so I naturally set my volume on the higher side. However, doing so also exposes me to the other issue with those volumes - whenever there are loud noises, they become super loud (even for me, which I think says quite a bit). I could set it to lower volumes, but as you can probably guess, any soft sounds would be practically nonexistent to me.

I could adjust the volume manually as and when - there is a volume knob, sure. However, that also means I have to be at the ready all the time, I suppose? Not feasible, I think, unless I'm that alert all the time, or aware of the content I'm watching - which isn't the case more often than not.

So I do need that feature to help adjust the loudness in a more hands-free fashion.

I have already found the latest available drivers for the device from the official website, which doesn't rectify the issue (tab still missing). Same without drivers (as in the screenshot). I did try EqualizerAPO's "Loudness Correction", but that doesn't seem to work for me either.

Query

1. Are there a ways to enable/return the Enhancement tab?
  2. If (1) isn't possible, are there any alternatives that I can use in its place?

The Enhancement tab only shows up if your device's drivers support it. Most DAC drivers are super simple to keep plug n play quick and reliable. Check the manufacturer's website to see if they have more featured drivers available, but you might be out of luck.

😥 Well, that's unfortunate. I did grab the latest available driver off their site, which also didn't have it, sadly. Seems out of luck then, on that front, though I e-mailed their support as a last resort move - no harm trying. So I'll see how that goes, it probably won't do anything.

On a separate note, on to (2) then, are there any alternatives I can use in its place? I am supposing just tweaking equalizers isn't really going to help much unless it adjusts... dynamically, if any of what I just aid makes any sense (it does have to react automatically to too-loud sounds and boost too-soft sounds after all).

Edited by Superpiggeh
Typo

3 hours ago, HenrySalayne said:

You can use a compressor or limiter (reducing the dynamic range) for example via Voicemeeter Potato or similar software.

Thanks, I found that too complicated for me (I'm pretty much a noob in these things), unfortunately.

But it did lead me down a sort of rabbit hole into discovering something that kinda works. Sound Lock, it's called. Seems in theory it automates what I was already doing manually (turning the knob down and up depending on the volume), also accounting for the 'anticipation issue' with that manual adjustment by simply limiting the max volume depending on preference.

At least now I can up the volume on my end to at least just-barely hear the soft, as probably intended, without potentially blowing out what's left of my hearing (along with my headphones) when the loud stuff happens.

Thanks y'all though