What should I buy for 2D Motion graphics

pinkua

Hello,

So i built like 6 computers so far for gaming, but yet I have never built one for Motion graphics! 

This is for my sister, who want to work on portfolio for Motion graphics.

My question is, since there is a GPU shortage, can 5700g APU works for Motion graphics? From what I search from internet they said I do not need expensive gpu since it’s 2D modeling.

Or she is thinking about buying iMac Pro laptop that has apple M1 chip 8 core cpu with 8core gpu. (I’m not that knowledgeable on apple product performance)

Please if anyone who is knowledgeable about motion graphics or even if not if you have any tip or suggestions for this build , feel free to reply on my post!

Also is it worth it to go 32gb for Motion graphics?

Thank you for reading my post!

I would stay the F away from the Apple ecosystem unless she has 0 choice due to programs being used, etc.  And yes, iGPU solutions will probably be fine.

10 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

I'd say go for 16gb of RAM, an AMD APU would be fine but I would recommend a Radeon Pro WX 3100 or similar for just a bit of extra graphics performance

Woah ty for the reply! I had no idea about Radeon pro WX3100. Is that gpu actually just for some of workstations so it’s works different compare to normal gpu?

8 minutes ago, IPD said:

I would stay the F away from the Apple ecosystem unless she has 0 choice due to programs being used, etc.  And yes, iGPU solutions will probably be fine.

Ty! Yeah i just think the new apple laptop is too expensive compare to what I can build for her

3 minutes ago, pinkua said:

Woah ty for the reply! I had no idea about Radeon pro WX3100. Is that gpu actually just for some of workstations so it’s works different compare to normal gpu?

It's designed for workstations but is basically an RX 460 with driver side optimizations for CAD. Will work in any PC with a PCIe slot.

Depending on the software, you don't need to specify a special build for producing motion graphic.

Check the minimum / recommended specs for the software and go from there.

If the machine capable of doing 3D gaming, i'm pretty sure it can do 2D graphics.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w