How many times can Windows 10 key be used?

da na

I have a Windows 10 Pro version 2002 disc that I burned a few days after 2002 came out, it's what I use to install Windows on all of the machines I refurbish since it doesn't need a Microsoft account to proceed with setup.

I've used this disk - and the key that goes to it - on a good 20+ machines and it still works completely fine. 

Can I literally just keep using this forever or do I need to consider purchasing other keys into my budget for the future? I will say this is a key bought from eBay but the ISO is legit and was made with Microsoft's official Windows 10 media creator tool.

Thanks! 

5 minutes ago, Mel0nMan said:

I have a Windows 10 Pro version 2002 disc that I burned a few days after 2002 came out, it's what I use to install Windows on all of the machines I refurbish since it doesn't need a Microsoft account to proceed with setup.

I've used this disk - and the key that goes to it - on a good 20+ machines and it still works completely fine. 

Can I literally just keep using this forever or do I need to consider purchasing other keys into my budget for the future? I will say this is a key bought from eBay but the ISO is legit and was made with Microsoft's official Windows 10 media creator tool.

Thanks! 

Must be some sort of special key. One key one machine. Are the ones you originally activated still actually activated? Usually it will deactivate the previous installs after time for retail keys.  Anything more than that and you are breaking the licensing terms from Microsoft and can technically be piracy. If you are doing it as a business, you can be in some serious legal trouble. 

1 minute ago, m9x3mos said:

Must be some sort of special key. One key one machine. Are the ones you originally activated still actually activated? Usually it will deactivate the previous installs after time for retail keys.  Anything more than that and you are breaking the licensing terms from Microsoft. If you are doing it as a business, you can be in some serious legal trouble. 

That's quite strange.

I've used it on all of my personal PCs that I've built so 3, plus 20+ that I have sold, repaired, donated, given away... etc

Thank you for letting me know, I will stop using that key. 

Usually it's for 1 device. If you link it to your MS account it will be used on whatever you device log into and the one used previously will be deactivated.

Since you already activated so many devices with it I'd say it's a key supposed to be used for businesses with 100+ machines.

prob an MSDN version. i had one at one time installed activated Windows 10 at least 200-300 times and now it no longer works

1 hour ago, AdamDude said:

prob an MSDN version. i had one at one time installed activated Windows 10 at least 200-300 times and now it no longer works

I think they cycle those periodically. I noticed that on mine after it renewed once all my keys were gone and the machines deactivated a while later.