Need help choosing laptop

Hello,

I haven't looked for laptop market, So don't know which ones are good.

Helping friend to choose laptop.

Looking laptop for productivity.

Budget is 1500-1600 USD.

Ordering online, So any store that delivers in USA will do.

Should be 15.6"-17.3" screen, Not too fat and heavy and should have somewhat good battery life, So ain't looking the best performance, But balance between good performance, Battery life and build quality.

So if anyone knows any good model, Or maybe come across to good deal, Suggesting it will be appreciated.

50 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Hello,

I haven't looked for laptop market, So don't know which ones are good.

Helping friend to choose laptop.

Looking laptop for productivity.

Budget is 1500-1600 USD.

Ordering online, So any store that delivers in USA will do.

Should be 15.6"-17.3" screen, Not too fat and heavy and should have somewhat good battery life, So ain't looking the best performance, But balance between good performance, Battery life and build quality.

So if anyone knows any good model, Or maybe come across to good deal, Suggesting it will be appreciated.

Productivity is a really vague word.  Might be potato requirements, might need a big cpu but little gpu, might need a big gpu too.  Kind of the entire gamut.  Need to find out what apps would be used

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

14 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Productivity is a really vague word.  Might be potato requirements, might need a big cpu but little gpu, might need a big gpu too.  Kind of the entire gamut.  Need to find out what apps would be used

Kind of both, CPU and GPU 😄 

3 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Kind of both, CPU and GPU 😄 

Nope, come on, be more specific please

1 minute ago, whispous said:

Nope, come on, be more specific please

Some photo editing, That is more CPU bound and some video editing, That needs GPU for rendering, So when I say it needs to be balanced between those two, I know it... There is no need to explain every workload and program that'll be used... 

1 minute ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Some photo editing, That is more CPU bound and some video editing, That needs GPU for rendering, So when I say it needs to be balanced between those two, I know it... There is no need to explain every workload and program that'll be used... 

Photoshop or Microsoft Paint?

1 hour ago, whispous said:

Photoshop or Microsoft Paint?

Why do you care? 

If you don't have any suggestions, Get lost.

Just now, Dr0idGh0sT said:

Why do you care? 

If you don't have any suggestions, Get lost.

You've asked the forum to guess what you want. I think you need to reconsider the value of your efforts.

16 minutes ago, whispous said:

You've asked the forum to guess what you want. I think you need to reconsider the value of your efforts.

I didn't asked to guess what I want, I already said I want it to have balanced performance between CPU and GPU, Is it your work to decide I want more powerful GPU or CPU, Or what?

11 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

I didn't asked to guess what I want, I already said I want it to have balanced performance between CPU and GPU, Is it your work to decide I want more powerful GPU or CPU, Or what?

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-mac/macbook-pro/13-inch-space-gray-apple-m1-chip-with-8-core-cpu-and-8-core-gpu-512gb

There you go, sorted

2 hours ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

You kinda did in that MS paint deals with hardware quite differently.  What it sounds like you want is a gaming machine with more memory.  So extra expensive which means lower base specs to meet budget.  There is still a hope that something better can be arranged to improve total performance.  If all you want is a gaming laptop with more memory, asking the forum is useless. Just watch some gaming laptop reviews, find one with replacable memory, and do that.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.