NAS Rated HDD Questions

Hello all!

I have recently created my first home NAS for Plex and data backup.  I have never used a NAS or HDD for one before and I had a few questions about them.

My system is a Synology DS920+ with 4 Seagate Exos 14TB Seagate drives split into 2 volumes with two drive each running RAID 1 so each volume has about 12.8TB of space.

My question if for these drives I understand they are rated to run 24/7 with little issue and be ok in close proximity to each other however is it safe to turn they system off occasionally when I am out of town?  I know with a  car the hardest time for the engine is on startup when cold is this also true for HDD's in general or even the Exos line being Helium filled?  I want to use the drives as long as possible.  Any advise or insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah it's fine, they're not really any more susceptible to damage from spin up/down cycles than normal desktop drives, they can handle it just the same, but with additional features like vibration dampening and TLER.