Lower performance than expected with 3070ti

A_Narwhal

Im not sure if ive done something wrong or what , i am getting much lower framerates on games that what is to be expected , i run benchmarks with my pc and perform above average when compaired to the same components and i notice no real issue , but then i try and play games and i notice my frames are %20 lower than average benchmarks on them , for example , i play warzone at about 100fps , which is fine , but when looking online i should be getting about 140 fps , this is with high settings and running at 1080p , its the same when running battlefield v i get 110 fps , which isnt bad, but with this kind of system i expect much more than that , and have seen lower spec pcs performing better, so ive come here to ask for some assistance and see if i a component is wrong , or if theres a bigger issue here. i know this card can run much more than 1080p.

Pc specs 

Ryzen 7 5800x 

16gb 3600mhz corsair vengeance 

Msi b550 tomahawk 

RTX 3070ti gigabyte Aorus

Samsung 970 evo plus 500gb

Corsair rm750 

(all components are properly cooled) 

Could be an overheating thing I suppose so stuff is throttling

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 hours ago, A_Narwhal said:

have seen lower spec pcs performing better,

looking online i should be getting about 140 fps 

I think thats your problem... its very easy to fake performance videos,  its  also very possible these systems were *not* exactly the same as yours, its also very likely you use different settings than to what you compare to.

The fact benchmarks are as expected makes it likely this is a settings issue,  if there is an issue. 

And you haven't provided enough info about that to make a good guess...

Bios update?

Chipset?

Rebar?

Temps?

Exact settings?

Correct pcie slot?

Daisy chained power cables?

Any "control software"?

Ram, actually running at 3600mhz?

GPU CPU usage (all cores)?

Etc.

i know this card can run much more than 1080p.

Yeah,  and that's another issue,  its quite possible the card is just under utilized at such low resolutions (have several games where that is the case, i suggest looking into something called Nvidia DSR)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

i have double checked my entire system , nothing is thermal throttling , my temps are very good , all cores are in use , only thing that is off is my gpu usage? , it rarely is above 80% but i suppose that could be down to 1080p , but the ram is running at 3600mhz i checked in the bios , ive updated all drivers , and updated my bios recently to allow for the 5800x to be installed. Gpu is in correct slot, and none of my psu cables are daisy chained.

ill give it a look and see if i notice anything thank you