Top and front intakes only?

Sagpat30
Go to solution Solved by emosun,

If your temps are fine then its fine.

Pc cooling isnt as complicated as companies that sell you crap want you to beleive. If air is going in, and air is going out , and the machine is cool, then its fine

I've got a Corsair 900D , the entire back side is littered with holes and slots so I know the air isn't restricted in escaping(image attached), I have my Kraken Z63 pulling in air from the top from 2 noctua 140mm, and 3 Corsair SP120s pushing in air from the front, is this enough or will I need to add an exhaust fan to the top rear of the case? 

I didn't use my Z63 fans as an exhaust because my 2080ti Strix absolutely DUMPS heat out into the case even at idle I can feel the heat radiating off the backplate 

StorageReview-Corsair-Obsidian-Series-900D-Rear-Side.jpg

If your temps are fine then its fine.

Pc cooling isnt as complicated as companies that sell you crap want you to beleive. If air is going in, and air is going out , and the machine is cool, then its fine

@Sagpat30

They way you got it setup should be enough exhaust area is = exhaust fan for airflow, and you've got enough exhaust area at the back, so like @emosun if u're temps are fine and you're satisfied with the noise, it's not worth the effort to do major changes. 

However, there's an easy to trick to do, to test, to get rid of more GPU heat, remove a few additional PCI-E cover at the back. At least one above the gpu, and 2 below the gpu (these 3 should be enough to test it).

And then just see if u have lower temps, and if the GPU hot pocket dissipates a bit.

17 hours ago, emosun said:

Pc cooling isnt as complicated as companies that sell you crap want you to beleive.

Pc cooling is extremely complicated to get to perfection (fluid dynamics is hard and counter-intuitive), but I completely agree with you it's not complicated to get to "good enough" and that's with air / water / on the cheap, less is more. U can get by with such a simple and cheap setup, most of the complication and cost is due to ARGB/Aesthetics and marketing, so much of it wrong or similar/worse than another option xD