Mini itx startup problem

So my damn mini itx build wont start up at all, thé lights on thé mobo is on so atleat Its getting power.

I have never had a problem like this befor on my older pc's

there is not even a reaction on the fans.

Psu is An corsair hx850 from my older rig.

Mobo is a Asus p8z77-I deluxe in a prodigy case

Gpu is a gtx 690.

If you Need more info let me know.

Make Sure you have the motherboard spacers installed, otherwise the Motherboard will be short circuited. Its a form of protection. 

mainboard speaker installed?

Not sure if i understood the question, did you mean the soundcard? Its preinstaled so Its Not like i can remove it exacly.

Make Sure you have the motherboard spacers installed, otherwise the Motherboard will be short circuited. Its a form of protection.

The case have preinstaled spacers already where the Mobo Will sit.

Oooh "facepalm" ill check that when i get home.

Random question, the Mobo Only has one pci slot and the gtx690 is a dual Gpu, anyone know if the Mobo supports the Card? I have Only seen singel Gpu cards in this cases/mobo comb.

The Graphics should be fine there is no reason it shouldn't support it. Have you check the front panel I/0 is connected correctly. Also check that the ram is in correct and the cpu 8/4pin power is connected correctly. 2 quick question what CPU do you have? and what ram is installed.

MB: Gigabyte Auros Gaming 7 Z370 Cpu: Intel i7 8700K @ 4.8ghz Gpu: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming OC 8GB Ram: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz  Psu: Corsair RM1000i 

Ssd's: WD Green nvme m.2 512gb (boot), 480gb (Steam), 480gb (Uplay) and 480gb (Origin)  Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H115i 280mm

Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Monitors 1: Asus pb287q @ 75hz

CPU is a 3770K and the RAM im using for now is OCZ Platinum XTC 12288MB DDR3 PC3-10666 1333MHz (7-7-7-20) (6x2048MB) (OCZ3P1333LV12GS)

only using 2 of the 6 because the mobo only have two slots and they are the Rams i used in my old rig.
I made an order on a pair of G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4Gb DDR3 PC-12800 1600Mhz CL7 (F3-12800Cl7D-8GBXM) should arrive later today.

and yeah the CPU 8 Pin power is connected, i can reconnect it and se if that helps

Oh and regarding my PSU, its a TX model not HX (Corsair 850w TX) and as far as i know there are no 4 pins on it only 1x 8 Pin
Althou im thinking of getting a new PSU thats fully modular instead, a Seasonic X-650w I hope it fits thou. then again i saw another guy with a Bitfenix Prodigy case with it so i guess its fine.

check your ram in the older machine again and also if it is compatible with the new board

CPU is a 3770K and the RAM im using for now is OCZ Platinum XTC 12288MB DDR3 PC3-10666 1333MHz (7-7-7-20) (6x2048MB) (OCZ3P1333LV12GS)

only using 2 of the 6 because the mobo only have two slots and they are the Rams i used in my old rig.

I made an order on a pair of G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4Gb DDR3 PC-12800 1600Mhz CL7 (F3-12800Cl7D-8GBXM) should arrive later today.

and yeah the CPU 8 Pin power is connected, i can reconnect it and se if that helps

Oh and regarding my PSU, its a TX model not HX (Corsair 850w TX) and as far as i know there are no 4 pins on it only 1x 8 Pin

Althou im thinking of getting a new PSU thats fully modular instead, a Seasonic X-650w I hope it fits thou. then again i saw another guy with a Bitfenix Prodigy case with it so i guess its fine.

Did you try a stick of ram to see if it works?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

The OCZ Ram needs 1.65V. Afaik 1155/1156 boards outputs 1.5V default, that is why your computer might not be starting up.

Even with bad ram, GPU, etc, the fans should still spin up, right?? Could be as easy as double checking the power button. Good luck.

Oooh "facepalm" ill check that when i get home.

Random question, the Mobo Only has one pci slot and the gtx690 is a dual Gpu, anyone know if the Mobo supports the Card? I have Only seen singel Gpu cards in this cases/mobo comb.

The 690 is a dual slot card with 2 gpu's. I think you're getting confused between the two.. As long as there is a pci 16x 3.0 slot on your board, (which there most likely is) you wont have a problrm.

Old mobo is working but i can only power it on with the mobo power switch, i tried plugging in the sidepanel from my prodigy but no reaction.........ill try plugging in my old mobo in its old case and some more stuff and ill be back with a report.

Power switches on old and new case is fine but i cant power on either mobo through the standard F_panel (its where you plug in front panel switches or Q cable) on either mobo, my old one has another type of panel plugin with a bunch of other pin slots, its also twice as long

Sorry for not using the edit button but im writing via my phone and its such a hassel.

Its could be a dead board, have you tested psu, ram and graphics card in another machine?

Yeah my old rampage 2 extreme.

Problem i have with both is the F_panel on the motherboard, the power switch wont work when i plug it in on either board, maybe this is the reason i cant power on my new motherbord, sadly there is no power button ON the new motherboard like on my rampage2extreme

Yea deffo hard to work out, i would try a new switch, or use the switch from a case thats working, if that doesn’t work i would looking to get a replacement board

Alredy tried my switch on my cm stacker, bitfenix prodigy and another case i cant the name on.

That motherboard is top of the line and would seem strange the power on pins not working, have you tried with a tester if there is power to the pins? also i would check the psu, sometimes old cables can cause a problem.

what hard drives / SSD drives are you using?

where did you get your m-board from if you dont mind me asking, does it smell like burnt electrical components, you might of gotten a dodgy RMA board, but i would say its more a PSU / power cables problem, and check that Ram.

got to love Asus components

That motherboard is top of the line and would seem strange the power on pins not working, have you tried with a tester if there is power to the pins? also i would check the psu, sometimes old cables can cause a problem.

what hard drives / SSD drives are you using?

where did you get your m-board from if you dont mind me asking, does it smell like burnt electrical components, you might of gotten a dodgy RMA board, but i would say its more a PSU / power cables problem, and check that Ram.

I Buy 90% my stuff from webhallen.se

As of now i have nothing connected to either board aside from power, i also tried an older psu on both board, same results

Iv heard of a way to boot pc from keyboards instead, anyone knows anyrhing?

f5ykn4js.jpg

i highlighted the speaker connector, without it you can't diagnose whats wrong.

Only use Mainboard, CPU/CPU cooler and PSU, if it gives you a peep remember it and turn your system off. If it makes no sound Mainboard, CPU or PSU are defect.
Than you add ram. if it dosn't peep you didn't install the ram correct, if it makes the same peep as before your ram is defect, if it makes a new sound remember that and shut your system down.

Now add your GPU, if it peeps your GPU is defect, if you have no displayoutput your GPU is defect.

3 minutes work.

©HisN Computerbase Forum.

normaly you get one with your mainboard, you should have one somewhere :D