Will things break on Windows 11?

izz

Games?

Programs?

After Effects addons? 

Anything?

I really don't want to regret this, so I want to turn to the more knowledgeable members of the tech community.

phone out of service?

give us a call.

2 minutes ago, iIzzTheWiz said:

Games?

Programs?

After Effects addons? 

Anything?

I really don't want to regret this, so I want to turn to the more knowledgeable members of the tech community.

Without context, nobody can answer this definitively. If you just use your PC for basic web browsing and document creation via Office programs, Windows 11 can handle all of that fine. However, if your current Windows 7 / 8 / 10 system is running an ultra-specific piece of software containing hardware drivers for an aging wide-format plotter printer, sewing machine, or other piece of industrial gear, you'll need to check with the manufacturer of said gear to ensure they support Windows 11.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

2 minutes ago, kirashi said:

Without context, nobody can answer this definitively. If you just use your PC for basic web browsing and document creation via Office programs, Windows 11 can handle all of that fine. However, if your current Windows 7 / 8 / 10 system is running an ultra-specific piece of software containing hardware drivers for an aging wide-format plotter printer, sewing machine, or other piece of industrial gear, you'll need to check with the manufacturer of said gear to ensure they support Windows 11.

I run basic games, blender, adobe programs, and some simulation software.

phone out of service?

give us a call.

There is no way anyone can answer this for you about your system. 

Check with the manufacturer of the software you use. 

For the games I play and the Adobe software I use it is fine. YMMV.

8 minutes ago, m9x3mos said:

Check with the manufacturer of the software you use. 

For the games I play and the Adobe software I use it is fine. YMMV.

alright thanks

phone out of service?

give us a call.

Should be fine. If it doesn't work you can go to properties > compatibility > check Windows 10. Also, if you have an AMD CPU your performance might get worse due to caching issues, seeing you use CPU intensive applications I would wait for this to be fixed, unless you have Intel.

I've used 11 for months. Upgraded from 10. All games work, all apps work.

I work from home, my PC is on 24/7 and runs 4 4k screens. I edit videos for YouTube amoungst other things. No issues. That's not to say you won't 🙂

2 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

Should be fine. If it doesn't work you can go to properties > compatibility > check Windows 10. Also, if you have an AMD CPU your performance might get worse due to caching issues, seeing you use CPU intensive applications I would wait for this to be fixed, unless you have Intel.

i have intel haha

phone out of service?

give us a call.