Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X 3GB vs ASUS GTX 670 Direct CU II 2GB

Xzantos

Hi, I'm trying to decide which of these two cards would be better for 5760x1080 gaming. I already have a reference 670 and I love it but I'm trying to sell my current one for a 7950 or a non-reference 670. I've been looking on ebay and there would be a minor difference in pricing if I buy an active displayport adapter for the 7950 for eyefinity.  Would the extra 1 gig of vram in the 7950 make a difference in performance? I do plan to overclock and play preferebly on at least high settings with maybe some AA but not MSAA or whatever so I also want to know which one has more performance when overclocking. I play games like BF3, Metro 2033, Bioshock Infinite, and Tomb Raider. Thanks

At this high resolution VRAM is very important. With this two cards you wont get very high fps though, maybe playable experiance but not something extreme.

Sorry if my English is not perfect, but it isn't my native language :)

Thanks for the responses. I'm probably going to go with the 7950. How are the AMD drivers so far with any of these games if you guys know?

The drivers have been optimized for the games since on release date.

7950 It's a beast with the improved drivers and it clocks like a champ

Interested in Business and Technology

AMD Cards usually support multiple screens much better than Nvidia simply because of the higher VRAM they have allocated.
IF you can squeeze some extra $$$ Grab yourself the VaporX 7970 6GB, Although this is expensive, it is a beast for multi-screening.

CPU i5 6600K | Mobo Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7 | Cooling H80i | MSI GTX970 Gaming 4GB in SLi | Geil Super Luce 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 | Intel 330 120GB | 2 x 1TB WD Black | Corsair Air 540 | XFX ProSeries 1250W. | Corsair K70 Anodised Black Cherry Reds | Logitech G502 | Dell U2713HM | Red LED Lighting.

Portable Gamer - Metabox Alpha W370SS - CPU i7 4710MQ | RAM 8GB 1600MHz | Nvidia GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | 17.3" Matte Display 72% Gamut
Back-up - HP Pavilion dv6 - Ancient Stuff - P7550 @ 2.26gHz  | DDR2 4GB | Kingston HyperX 120Gb SSD | ATi 4550m (fried)

AMD Cards usually support multiple screens much better than Nvidia simply because of the higher VRAM they have allocated.

IF you can squeeze some extra $$$ Grab yourself the VaporX 7970 6GB, Although this is expensive, it is a beast for multi-screening.

Not just the large vram, the wide memory bus also plays important role.

I saw a sapphire dual x 3gb on ebay for 350 but I'm not sure if I have to buy an active displayport adapter for that or not.