Finally showing off my custom mATX case

So it's been almost a year and I finally worked up the confidence to show off my build. plz go easy on crit of the components as they are all budget i think in toto ~$1100 barring components i didn't already have:

Mobo: ASUS PRIME WIFI mATX

PSU: EVGA 650 gold full modular

RAM: gskill 3200 hMHz cl16

CPU: ryzen 7 3700x

GPU: EVGA GTX 1660ti

M.2 : 2x 1 Tb intel 660p 

SSD:  256 gb kingston

HDD: 2 tb 

also in as far as case i built it all from 1 sheet of 2'x4' cedar plywood no room for error lol... i made a couple niks in it wish i hadn't... I planned the design off of a test bench with double hinging action, the lid hinges forward while the moo tray hinges back to expose the wiring underneath and a little pull out drawer for the HDD and SSD with a slot for another SSD... lemme know your thoughts and questions (*realized I had posted this in the wrong spot first in case mods)... there is also a similar framing for the fan for the PSU underneath

IMG_2410.JPG

IMG_2411.JPG

IMG_2415.JPG

IMG_2414.JPG

IMG_2416.JPG

Very nice!

I love the corners and the frames around each fan.

I hope you set the RGB to cycle through pleasant warm tones, altough if it was mine that would probably make me worry about not spotting a fire if one was to break out.

(inb4 the typical "wood cases are dangerous" and "what about EMF" comments)

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

34 minutes ago, DJ46 said:

Very nice!

I love the corners and the frames around each fan.

I hope you set the RGB to cycle through pleasant warm tones, altough if it was mine that would probably make me worry about not spotting a fire if one was to break out.

(inb4 the typical "wood cases are dangerous" and "what about EMF" comments)

I got the RGB set to the audio... if anything the wood is good at blocking external EMF, in as far as effects of EMF on processing IDK how much effect it has... it stays pretty cool with a slight OC on processor (4gHz) pretty happy bout that.. With the fire hazard id imagine that would only be a concern in something was shorting some soldered points... or for example that one shitty pcie riser cable that had a wear point in the silicone shorted on the screw and caught fire and while wood catches fire itd take a pretty big guy to get 1/2" plywood with a coat of polyurethane to catch... Think about it quite a bit of early electronics were housed in wood like a tube radio or even TV's... im sure they had fire issues but at this point were well past vacuum tubes with well regulated voltage from both PSU and the grid... lol #NORMALIZEWOODPCS 

Screenshot 2021-10-07 122642.jpg

2 hours ago, dad2011 said:

#NORMALIZEWOODPCS 

I can definitely get behind this. I just wanted to mention both of those talking points, because they tend to appear when a wooden case gets posted, despite being irrelevant.

Part of why I can appreciate the amount of work that had gone into this and the final fit and finish is the fact that I've made a wooden case before, although it was nowhere near as nice (my excuse is I only had old hand tools and yes, I will be sticking to it 🙂 ).

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

@LinusTech whatcha think for a first go? 😅 I got some ideas for a further iteration, I’d truly appreciate the feedback if you got the time.