PC stuck in boot loop after enabling secure boot to install windows 11

I was trying to install windows 11 and I enabled secure boot after enabling tpm. It also asked me to enable a platform key so I set it to the default one. When I saved and exited it started boot looping. My mobo is a gigabyte b450 aorus m

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.8 Ghz. -  Gigabyte B450 Aorus M - Asus TUF Gaming GTX 1660 SUPER 06G - GSKill Ripjaws V 16gb 2x8gb DDR4 @3200 Mhz. - Inland Premium 512gb NVMe SSD - Rose will RD 450 Watt 80+ - DIYPC s2-BK-RGB ATX Mid-tower case.

Not sure about the final release but when I upgraded to the Release Preview version recently I just checked and my Secure Boot is set to:

State: User

Platform Key: Unloaded

OS Type: Other OS

I set it to that as I knew I might want to boot Linux as a fallback.

You've made me curious now if it will refuse to upgrade to the public release or not, though I'm fairly sure this configuration passed the upgrade check app.

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz)
WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz) Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~800Mbit down, 115Mbit up)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

9 minutes ago, Alex Atkin UK said:

Not sure about the final release but when I upgraded to the Release Preview version recently I just checked and my Secure Boot is set to:

State: User

Platform Key: Unloaded

OS Type: Other OS

I set it to that as I knew I might want to boot Linux as a fallback.

You've made me curious now if it will refuse to upgrade to the public release or not, though I'm fairly sure this configuration passed the upgrade check app.

Thanks for the response, I'll have to try those settings but as of right now I can not get into the bios. I am wondering if I have to clear the cmos and if so, how would i do that?

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.8 Ghz. -  Gigabyte B450 Aorus M - Asus TUF Gaming GTX 1660 SUPER 06G - GSKill Ripjaws V 16gb 2x8gb DDR4 @3200 Mhz. - Inland Premium 512gb NVMe SSD - Rose will RD 450 Watt 80+ - DIYPC s2-BK-RGB ATX Mid-tower case.

I'm having the exact same problem. I have the B450 Aorus M as well. I just updated my BIOS to the latest version and still gives me the loop. I've taken out my cmos battery while unplugging from the wall and power cycling by hitting the power and reset button over and over. Still putting me in a loop. The only way I can get out of it is to flash my BIOS again. Luckily I still have it on my flash drive or else I'd be screwed. Don't have another PC. If anyone can come up with a solution to stop the loop when enabling secure boot I'd love you forever.

9 hours ago, NenHancer said:

I'm having the exact same problem. I have the B450 Aorus M as well. I just updated my BIOS to the latest version and still gives me the loop. I've taken out my cmos battery while unplugging from the wall and power cycling by hitting the power and reset button over and over. Still putting me in a loop. The only way I can get out of it is to flash my BIOS again. Luckily I still have it on my flash drive or else I'd be screwed. Don't have another PC. If anyone can come up with a solution to stop the loop when enabling secure boot I'd love you forever.

I removed the bat and cleared cmos, and at first it looked like it didn't work, but I let it go for a little bit and I assume after I cleared the closing it may have been training the memory

17 hours ago, Gamestormer999 said:

I was trying to install windows 11 and I enabled secure boot after enabling tpm. It also asked me to enable a platform key so I set it to the default one. When I saved and exited it started boot looping. My mobo is a gigabyte b450 aorus m

I have b450 aorus elite, how exactly did you fix it please?

Having the same issue. Removed battery and touched the CMOS pins to no avail. Someone save me. It doesn't go to the bios menu at all

On 10/6/2021 at 10:13 PM, Al-XX said:

Having the same issue. Removed battery and touched the CMOS pins to no avail. Someone save me. It doesn't go to the bios menu at all

You have to reinstall your windows. That seems to have solved my boot loop. 

On 10/5/2021 at 7:23 PM, Gamestormer999 said:

You have to install after you set the bios. 

Is it Secure Boot that is causing it or TPM. Try enabling just one, then restart and if everything works, than enable the other one.

I had an issue with the TPM whit the the solution being to remove the PIN sign in option and then enable TPM