Laptop thermal throttling even after repasting and undervolting

So some info about the whole ordeal first, Recently I repasted my Asus Zephyrus M GU502GU about 3 weeks ago with Cooler Master master gel maker and undervolted it. I ran cinbench r20 to verify if the repasting improved the temps and I got max temps of around 80 degrees celsius on the CPU which was an improvement of about 4-5 degrees. Idle temps were at around 40 degrees and not affected at all. I also played games and saw a 9-10 degrees temp reduction on the GPU side. So overall I was happy with my first ever thermal paste job but since the last 2-3 days I have been seeing negative impacts on the CPU temps. The idle temps are unaffected and the GPU temps remain the same while gaming but while running Cinebench r20 now the CPU reaches a max of 92 degrees and starts thermal throttling. I have read that high idle temps and high core differentials are some signs of a bad thermal paste job but I have none of those issues so what might be the problem here?

So some info about the whole ordeal first, Recently I repasted my Asus Zephyrus M GU502GU about 3 weeks ago with Cooler Master master gel maker and undervolted it. I ran cinbench r20 to verify if the repasting improved the temps and I got max temps of around 80 degrees celsius on the CPU which was an improvement of about 4-5 degrees. Idle temps were at around 40 degrees and not affected at all. I also played games and saw a 9-10 degrees temp reduction on the GPU side. So overall I was happy with my first ever thermal paste job but since the last 2-3 days I have been seeing negative impacts on the CPU temps. The idle temps are unaffected and the GPU temps remain the same while gaming but while running Cinebench r20 now the CPU reaches a max of 92 degrees and starts thermal throttling. I have read that high idle temps and high core differentials are some signs of a bad thermal paste job but I have none of those issues so what might be the problem here?

4 minutes ago, psychobacter said:

dust?

32 minutes ago, psychobacter said:

Let me guess, you didnt cover the entire die cause you used the dot method didnt you?

Laptop sht dont have dies so you cant just put a dot on the cpu or gpu and be done with it, if you dont cover the entire die there will be hotspots which can cause thermal throttling or if its really bad decrease component life (i guess if it somehow goes over 105c that is), spread the thermal paste across the die and if you want to be extra sure put a dot in the middle

What makes you think you’re thermal throttling? You’re well below the default threshold for it.

Maxing out at 80 during Cinebench also seems really off for a notebook.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20