Monitor has stopped showing 144hz option - BenQ XL2720Z

Owen Chief

Hi there I wonder if anyone can please help as I try to figure out what exactly has happened here, I've been using my monitor fine for a number of years and getting 144hz no problem, but then I moved my monitor to a table mount instead of the stand yesterday and all of a sudden it started to show only 100hz was available. 

I am using a 1080Ti with a BenQ XL2720Z Monitor. What is really weird is it doesn't even show a 60hz option just 100hz, and i've noticed that some text in lets say discord looks a bit scuffed 

So far to try to fix this problem I have:

• DDU drivers and reinstalled
  • DDU drivers and tried previous Nvidia driver version 
  • manually overclocking it in Nvidia control panel but then the monitor just goes black until the timer runs down and goes back to 100hz
  • using advanced display settings and going into display adapter properties and using list all modes, it is still not showing
  • a different DP cable 
  • tried all ports on the GPU with aforementioned cables into the monitor
  • reset the monitor through the advanced service menu
  • the HDMI support only supports upto 60hz so cant try that 

Does anyone know what is happening or had it happen to them before?? I don't have another monitor here to see if the problem is the GPU or if the monitor is the problem, so that limits the process of elimination somewhat and I don't have any friends close by where i could borrow a monitor to try this on.

The GPU hasn't been acting strange or artifacting or anything within windows and aside from this although its a bit of an older system there hasn't been anything noticeable, so would assume the GPU seems to be fine? is there a way to check through the computer what is causing this? I'm looking for ideas please if there is any or if anyone had a similar issue what the culprit was

thanks to anyone who takes the time to read

Any chance you have an iGPU and a DP port on your mobo to test the monitor there?

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.