Running at 240 fps, with 240 hz monitor, games dont look smooth

ndrew

Hey all, I've been having this problem for a while now and I dont know how to fix it.

I have a BenQ Zowie XL2540 240hz monitor, with some type of LG 32" 144hz to the right of it plugged into the same pc.

a little while after having gotten my new monitor, games didnt look smooth anymore, they looked choppy but running at the right framerate.

In games like CS:GO VALORANT and Rocket League they all do not look 240 fps, even my friends say my sisters 144hz monitor looks smoother.

(and i would rather not have g sync on as it increases input lag, especially in games like rocket league where i need to be fast with my inputs)

To fix it, ive tried:

Reinstalling windows

Reinstalling graphics drivers, using DDU and all

Reinstalling the specific games, no fix

Unplugging my second monitor, no fix

My components:

i9-9900k

ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080ti 

4x8 G skill trident z RGB 3600 mhz

ASUS MAXIMUS XI CODE Mobo

Asus 850 watt Thor PSU

samsung 970 evo plus 1 tb

samsung 860 evo 1 tb

crucial 250 gb ssd

Asus Ryujin 360 rad (if this matters)

I've been struggling with this problem for a while, i dont know if it's just cause i've played too much on this monitor or what but it has gone to the point of me wanting to sell this thing and buy a whole entire new one without asus parts to see if that fixes the issue. any help is appreciated, thank you.

Have you tried messing with the monitor settings on the monitor itself? One time i was playing cod and my fps was on low..

that's about the only idea i would have.. but goodluck and i hope you get this problem solved!!!!!

1 hour ago, immanicguy said:

Have you tried messing with the monitor settings on the monitor itself? One time i was playing cod and my fps was on low..

that's about the only idea i would have.. but goodluck and i hope you get this problem solved!!!!!

yeah, i messed with the settings alot and still nothing, thank you though!