Is there something like the SAMSUNG GQ55QN95A but smaller?

Ein0r

Hi

The titles is basically the tl;dr. I'm looking for something with the same or similar qualities but smaller, more like 40" to 50".

My parents came up to me and told me "We want a new modern tv, you have a budget of ~1000€ (~1200 USD), you know tech, do the thing!"

• My dad would like and oled tv because of the awesome colors
  • It should be a smart tv ("for netflix and such, internet etc.")
  • They want the ability to record tv shows somehow.

The device will be the main tv in their home, it will run 5-12 hours daily. 2-4 in the morning, 4-8 in the evening and a bit inbetween. They are the classic tv watchers, (3 channels and maybe movies if they run somewhere else). And because it will run a long time daily, I am hesitant to recommend oled devices, although the burn-in has probably gotten better. And I'm not sure if there are good oled tvs out there for that budget. "Smart functions", meaning the ability to connect to the internet and a recording feature like usb recording are basically everywhere on devices of that price range anyway.

But even 55" is a bit too big for their tv desk, or so they say. It is indeed a bit massive, but they are sitting 3m ( ~10ft) away of it, so the size is actually really nice. It just takes a lot of space on the desk and my parents simply aren't used to that size. I attached an image of the "setup" so you can judge for yourself. The red square is a 55" tv.

That's why they asked me to look for something smaller. And I'm doing so, albeit reluctantly. And I'm still trying to convince them. Honestly, if it weren't for that damned phone charger, the pens, post it notes and the stuff I cut out, this wouldn't be an issue, but my mom really doesn't like moving that stuff somewhere else. "It has been like this since forever."

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

1632781086076tvedit.jpg

1632781086067edittv.jpg

There is a 50" variant that is very similar to the mentioned TV available called "GQ50QN90A", but it's slightly too expensive.

And if they really want OLED, you can find 48" LG C1 OLED TVs for under 1000€ in europe.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

4 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

There is a 50" variant that is very similar to the mentioned TV available called "GQ50QN90A", but it's slightly too expensive.

And if they really want OLED, you can find 48" LG C1 OLED TVs for under 1000€ in europe.

Thank you very much! I'll go check them out. I gave them the advice to wait until black friday sales, maybe there are decent sales.