Laptop fan spinning like crazy

Hello everyone. I have HP Pavilion G7 with AMD A8-4500m APU and since I bought it fan is spininning like crazy and it can't cool it much.

I haven't been using it for a while and few days ago I tried to fix that problem so I can give it to my brother who needs it for studying.

I am familiar with dissasembling laptop and desktop computers as well as troubleshooting them. 
I dissasembled whole laptop, cleaned dust from it, changed thermal paste (Arctic MX-4) and still the results are same. My laptop operates at around 75 degrees Celsius on idle, and when I try to play any Full HD video on youtube, temperature goes as high as 98 degrees Celsius instantly and fan noise is unbearable...
I installed linux Mint on it and everything was similar as on Windows 8.1 and 10, except when I play Full HD video on yt it takes time to reach that 98 degrees and when it buffers video it cools itslef down.
But the thing is my brother needs windows for school and he is unfamiliar with linux, so I'm trying to find solution to make it runs normaly on Windows.
I tried to install Windows 7 (just to see if problem will still be there), 8.1 and 10 with all drivers and nothing helped... 

I really need to solve this problem quickly because he is unable to afford new laptop.

BTW if you need more specifications here are they:
AMD A8-4500m

6GB DDR3

128 Kingston SSD

I would appreciate any help, and sorry for my English (not native speaker).

7 minutes ago, uzivkovic97 said:

Hello everyone. I have HP Pavilion G7 with AMD A8-4500m APU and since I bought it fan is spininning like crazy and it can't cool it much.

I haven't been using it for a while and few days ago I tried to fix that problem so I can give it to my brother who needs it for studying.

I am familiar with dissasembling laptop and desktop computers as well as troubleshooting them. 
I dissasembled whole laptop, cleaned dust from it, changed thermal paste (Arctic MX-4) and still the results are same. My laptop operates at around 75 degrees Celsius on idle, and when I try to play any Full HD video on youtube, temperature goes as high as 98 degrees Celsius instantly and fan noise is unbearable...
I installed linux Mint on it and everything was similar as on Windows 8.1 and 10, except when I play Full HD video on yt it takes time to reach that 98 degrees and when it buffers video it cools itslef down.
But the thing is my brother needs windows for school and he is unfamiliar with linux, so I'm trying to find solution to make it runs normaly on Windows.
I tried to install Windows 7 (just to see if problem will still be there), 8.1 and 10 with all drivers and nothing helped... 

I really need to solve this problem quickly because he is unable to afford new laptop.

BTW if you need more specifications here are they:
AMD A8-4500m

6GB DDR3

128 Kingston SSD

I would appreciate any help, and sorry for my English (not native speaker).

It might have the same issue as pre-M1 chip macs. It cant get airflow.

https://www.lttstore.com/

1990 M3s are the best looking things ever made.    

^This statement has been retracted^
2020/2021 BMW S1000RRs/Ninja H2s are the best looking things ever made. 

Don't ask to ask. 
If you want me to see the reply, @XGoodGuyFitz(aka me) and/or quote me.
Thanks!

1 minute ago, XGoodGuyFitz said:

It might have the same issue as pre-M1 chip macs. It cant get airflow.

Same problem appears even when the motherboard is out of laptop... I took motherboard out and powered it on but same thing is happening, temperatures are still high. I had suspition about sensors but fan is blowing really hot air so it seems that sensors are showing correct temperature.
Is it possible that this APU is so bad that runs so hot on idle?

1 minute ago, uzivkovic97 said:

Same problem appears even when the motherboard is out of laptop... I took motherboard out and powered it on but same thing is happening, temperatures are still high. I had suspition about sensors but fan is blowing really hot air so it seems that sensors are showing correct temperature.
Is it possible that this APU is so bad that runs so hot on idle?

If it isn't something to do with airflow, I have no idea. But it is definitely possible that the APU is that bad. 

Don't ask to ask. 
Thanks!

Just now, XGoodGuyFitz said:

If it isn't something to do with airflow, I have no idea. But it is definitely possible that the APU is that bad. 

Airflow if good. Well, I think I am gonna try to find some other APU that is compatible with this socket and try to replace old one to see if that is the problem. I can't think of anything other that I could try.

8 minutes ago, uzivkovic97 said:

Airflow if good. Well, I think I am gonna try to find some other APU that is compatible with this socket and try to replace old one to see if that is the problem. I can't think of anything other that I could try.

Ok , good luck with the replacement! 

Don't ask to ask. 
Thanks!

Do you have any shots of what the heatsink or pipes looked like? It's weird that the machine will boot and operate but with incredibly high thermals if the APU itself is going bad. You've not had any BSD or other crashes aside from the thermal issue?

It could be the heatsink is bent or warped in some way that it doesn't make good contact with the die anymore, leading to runaway thermals and the high fan, but still inadequate cooling.

12 minutes ago, Qyygle said:

Do you have any shots of what the heatsink or pipes looked like? It's weird that the machine will boot and operate but with incredibly high thermals if the APU itself is going bad. You've not had any BSD or other crashes aside from the thermal issue?

It could be the heatsink is bent or warped in some way that it doesn't make good contact with the die anymore, leading to runaway thermals and the high fan, but still inadequate cooling.

Unfortunately I haven't took any photos but I can confirm that the heatsink is in perfect condition. It's not bent or warped or anything like that.
Yes, the only issue is temperature, and I've never had any other issue.
But also, I never experienced any BSD cuz laptop isn't shuting itself down, it still operates with high temps but it's so loud that you can't hear your own thoughts.
I've tried to solve this issue years ago and then I gave up on it and got another laptop, and now since my brother would have use for it I decided to give it a shot one more time.

But check this: With any linux distribution, temperatures are still high when for example I play full hd video on yt, but as soon as it buffers video, temps go down and fan slows down a little bit, but when Windows is installed, fan spins up like a airplane turbine all the time and it doesn't slow down at all.
Laptop never worked under 70 - 75 degrees celsius even on idle.
I've owned more than 10 laptops and I never saw that. All of them usually ran somewhere from 45 - 55 dergees on idle.

I would check the heatsink again just to confirm that it is making contact with the APU die and that you have enough thermal paste. Also, check if there's a BIOS update, that could solve the problem on some cases. Other than that, I really don't know. It could be a bad chip.

13 minutes ago, MarkYork said:

I would check the heatsink again just to confirm that it is making contact with the APU die and that you have enough thermal paste. Also, check if there's a BIOS update, that could solve the problem on some cases. Other than that, I really don't know. It could be a bad chip.

I replaced thermal paste multiple times on this exact laptop but the problem is still here, I have experience in replacing thermal paste so that is not the problem. I also updated BIOS to the last version.
I've tried everything but replacing the chip itself, that's why I'm so desperate in finding solution, it drives me crazy 😄
I look online for another chip, but I couldn't find anything in my country, and ordering one from abroad would probably cost me more than the entire laptop since my country isn't in EU. Don't know what else to do

Have you found any posts online relating to this problem with this laptop model?
I can't think of anything else really, you've tried almost everything.

Just now, MarkYork said:

Have you found any posts online relating to this problem with this laptop model?
I can't think of anything else really, you've tried almost everything.

Nothing that could help me. Just BIOS update and replacing thermal paste which I've already done.