PC not responsive/ no output

Couccun

Problem of a friend:

PC does not Post

No power to peripherals 

All lights inside the PC seem to work like usual

Every component seems to work fine, swaping them out did nothing. 

BIOS Battery is alright

Thank you very much in advance 

Edit:

all steps in the pinned Post have been taken, without results

Parts:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Radeon RX 5700 XT ROG

ROG Strix B450-F Gaming

be quiet! Pure Power 11CM

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro

BIOS: ?

Edited by Couccun
missing information

49 minutes ago, Couccun said:

Problem of a friend:

PC does not Post

No power to peripherals 

All lights inside the PC seem to work like usual

Every component seems to work fine, swaping them out did nothing. 

BIOS Battery is alright

Thank you very much in advance 

Need specs.  Descriptions of types of information needed are in pinned posts at the top of troubleshooting as well as some suggestions on methodology.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

21 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Need specs.  Descriptions of types of information needed are in pinned posts at the top of troubleshooting as well as some suggestions on methodology.

sorry about that, i edited the Post accordingly, please tell me if something is still missing

1 hour ago, Couccun said:

sorry about that, i edited the Post accordingly, please tell me if something is still missing

Could use the wattage of the PSU.  Not perhaps as important in this case as in some because the cpu and video card are last gen, so transient spikes won’t be as big a problem.  Mostly it’s to see if there is enough power.  My memory is 5700xt equipped machines want 650w or more.

with ryzen2 after checking the various connections is to make sure that any difficulties with software are taken care of on a basic leve, make sure all parts have their drivers updated to the newest version and that windows accepts them.  Often this can mean just clear, update, and reinstall everything. Windows last.  Do not reinstal anything like overclocks or PBO. This produces a fresh bog standard system to troubleshoot (and may fix the problem anyway) If that doesn’t fix stuff we get to start playing hardware games.  I take it that it may post, but you don’t know because there is no output.  Assuming it IS posting and the video card is OK, the things to look at in order would be cable problem, monitor problem, motherboard problem.  As for the USB, that should work if there is no hardware problem and it is posting.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.