Which goes where?

Rakkzo

Hello again!

Next step in the PC build got me stuck at preparing the PSU before connection.

I've tried to find information about this but could not grasp how it's done.

So I've connected the 18-pin and 10-pin M/B connectors to the actual PSU.

The rest kind of confuses me. There are 3 CPU/PCI-E slots. Does it matter what goes where? For example, is it better to connect the CPU next to the M/B connectors etc.

Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix B550-E

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x

GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3060 TI

2.5" SATA SSD: WD BLUE 3D NAND

NVMe M.2 SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus

PSU: Seasonic FOCUS GX-750

Edit: Maybe the GPU requires two connectors?

Edit 2: Added the actual PSU modell.

Thanks in advance!

20210924_204159.jpg

Edited by Rakkzo

All the connectors labeled CPU/PCI-E can be used either for CPU cables or for PCI-E cables.  Doesn't matter which one you use.

Some motherboards  have 2  CPU 8 pin connectors, so you'd use two cables with CPU connectors.  Most motherboards only need one, so you can use the remaining 3 connectors for video cards.

All the other connectors  with 6 pins labeled peripherals can be used for cables with SATA or Molex (old style hdd power) connectors. Again, doesn't matter which connector you use, you can flip a coin and pick a random one, doesn't matter which one at all.

14 minutes ago, mariushm said:

All the connectors labeled CPU/PCI-E can be used either for CPU cables or for PCI-E cables.  Doesn't matter which one you use.

Some motherboards  have 2  CPU 8 pin connectors, so you'd use two cables with CPU connectors.  Most motherboards only need one, so you can use the remaining 3 connectors for video cards.

All the other connectors  with 6 pins labeled peripherals can be used for cables with SATA or Molex (old style hdd power) connectors. Again, doesn't matter which connector you use, you can flip a coin and pick a random one, doesn't matter which one at all.

Thanks a lot for a detailed explanation! Makes it all a lot clearer now!