What CNC router bits are good for what??

char3327

Hey y'all,

So recently I got into CNC programming (because my school has like 4 cnc machines) and right now I am looking at our CNC router and we have a lot of bits for it and I am wondering which one I should use for which circumstance I have read some articles but it would be nice to have a list or a chart or something that I can refer back too  to figure out what but to use for different materials, rpms, ect.

If anyone has any knowledge on this it would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

@James Evens In our class we use mostly the metric system for measurements because it is more precise. Especially for CNC routing because you want to be as precise as possible...

Yankeeland?? lol

Also you will have to learn a lot about the material you are using, then getting familiar with with that specific machine you are using (wear on the machine can be different so accuracy can vary in different spots). 

In the end its getting to what already @James Evens said, its experience, experience and then some more experience.

Learning curve for any type of machining is hard and steep, watch a lot of videos and get as much literature that you can get.

Anything related to material, tooling, clamping, cooling, vibrations even time consumption can help you but expect that there is a lot you need to learn.

Getting a mentor for this helps because it can ease up the steps on that learning curve a lot.