Thinking of upgrading to the 43" Aorus monitor

Pandamom98

So I'm looking at buying a new monitor to replace my broken 49" Samsung CHG90 monitor and I was wondering if I would run into any issues or if it would be better to go with a different monitor or sets of monitors. I'm currently looking at getting the Gigabyte Aorus 43" monitor and I'm wondering if it's the best choice for me. I still work from home so half of the time it will be used as a work monitor and then after work it would then be used for gaming and everything else. Currently my gaming rig has a 2080 super in it and I'm also wondering if I would be able to get the full resolution and refresh rate of that monitor. I'm open to other recommendations as well, even going with say one high refresh rate monitor in the center and 2 two basic monitors off to the side for other uses. 

Addicted to building mechanical keyboards and collecting keyswitches. I currently have 731 unique switches in my collection

Collection List: PandaMom's Switch Collection List

What is your budget? Tbh, I wouldn't any from Gigabyte due to their on-goin mess-ups.

There are other better monitors/tvs.

Do you have a monitor only for work? If yes, you might consider an OLED tv only for gaming and your 2080S will work just fine.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

6 hours ago, CTR640 said:

What is your budget? Tbh, I wouldn't any from Gigabyte due to their on-goin mess-ups.

There are other better monitors/tvs.

Do you have a monitor only for work? If yes, you might consider an OLED tv only for gaming and your 2080S will work just fine.

Currently all I do is swap the inputs on the monitors in my setup to use them for work. As for my budget probably 1.1k USD at most but that can be used on more than one monitor as well.

Addicted to building mechanical keyboards and collecting keyswitches. I currently have 731 unique switches in my collection

Collection List: PandaMom's Switch Collection List

And you keep swapping the inputs?

All I can recommend, vote with your wallet and avoid Gigabyte like the pest. There are other alternatives.

The LG CX/C1 might fit within yout budget as they have the most cheapest OLED tv's that has better offerings than other brands and also the best amongst gamers due to very low inputlag. The CX/C1 do have 120hz/4K but your 2080S can do 1440/120 just fine. It depends on what you need the new monitor/tv for. If for work too, then maybe it's not a good option.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280