Switching from W11 insider to regular W11 when it releases

Stahlmann

So i've been using the W11 dev build for a while now. Looking at the support site it isn't clearly stated how it would work if i wanted to switch to the public version when it releases on 5th october. Reinstalling windows is not a big deal for me but it would take me an evening or so to get everything set up correctly again, so i'd like to avoid it if possible.

So how does it work? Do i just check the "i don't want to receive new insider builds" option and will automatically update to the public build on release? Or is a fresh install unavoidable?

(Please don't make this into a "W11 bad" thread. We have enough of those already. Please only helpful comments on the topic.)

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

IIRC you have to be on the Beta build to get the RTM upgrade, if you're on the Dev build you'll continue getting new Dev builds ad infinitum.

I'm 100% sure @GoodByteswill be able to confirm if that is correct or not.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Hi!

So I have a question! My laptop is an Acer Swift 3 with a Ryzen 5 2500u. I wanted to install Windows 11 from UUP dump but it turns out the processor isn't supported by windows 11 (however, it does have TPM and secure boot is enabled!)

My question is, if I download the ISO from UUP dump, would it be possible to switch back to the public release branch? Or should I just wait for the public release to be available and then do a fresh install?