win10 install update and shutdown error issue

buklu

it pops up

“Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key”

i had to shut it down

You must either change boot order in bios menu or spam "Esc" or different predetermined hardware key after powering on to manually change the boot device for that 1 time while installing.

25 minutes ago, RageTester said:

You must either change boot order in bios menu or spam "Esc" or different predetermined hardware key after powering on to manually change the boot device for that 1 time while installing.

my pc only has one drive and no external flash drive

last night i click start button to update and shutdown

after all progress run through then it reboots

pops up this line of text

Oh I keep reading things wrong. Update gone wrong. How did you install windows in the first place? It would be nice to have that installation media right  now to run system repair. 

24 minutes ago, buklu said:

my pc only has one drive and no external flash drive

last night i click start button to update and shutdown

after all progress run through then it reboots

pops up this line of text

Try changing the BIOS options to boot with legacy and UEFI (sometimes called CSM - compatibility support module). Maybe you have Windows installed in legacy and your BIOS is in UEFI.

Sometimes a BIOS update can get installed via Windows Update (my HP laptop does that sometimes, if it's important). At work we have all our devices set to legacy for some reason unknown, and we have to change it back to legacy when it updates (maybe once a year).

Something else you could try is to change it to legacy and UEFI, and then when it POSTs, hit the boot menu key and see if your drive/Windows boot manager is listed.

or last resort do a fresh install. sounds like a bios setting or a CD in the drive though.