windows 10 bluetooth not working

golde

My bluetooth was previously working, and as of today, it isn't anymore. 

It worked perfectly fine, but now the windows troubleshooter is telling me that i need a bluetooth adapter. 

image.png.f5cc16bdb862dc89e2e30a43a6e807cd.png

also, I can't click the connect or remove device button.

10 minutes ago, golde said:

It worked perfectly fine, but now the windows troubleshooter is telling me that i need a bluetooth adapter. 

image.png.f5cc16bdb862dc89e2e30a43a6e807cd.png

Yeah not surprised. Ive had issues with Bluetooth and Windows 10. Thats why I use a gaming headset on Windows vs using my Bluetooth headset I use with my Mac. 

Is your Bluetooth adapter built in to your WiFi card or is it a stand alone USB adapter? 

Have you tried updating the drivers? 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

6 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Yeah not surprised. Ive had issues with Bluetooth and Windows 10. Thats why I use a gaming headset on Windows vs using my Bluetooth headset I use with my Mac. 

Is your Bluetooth adapter built in to your WiFi card or is it a stand alone USB adapter? 

Have you tried updating the drivers? 

I just tried to update the drivers, and it was up to date. 

I don't have a bluetooth adapter, and device manager says that my computer doesn't have bluetooth at all.

4 minutes ago, golde said:

I just tried to update the drivers, and it was up to date. 

I don't have a bluetooth adapter, and device manager says that my computer doesn't have bluetooth at all.

Are you sure its not bull in to your WiFi adapter? My motherboard came with a M.2 WiFI card that support Bluetooth. Its very common for WiFi adapters to have Bluetooth capability. 

Otherwise you need a Bluetooth adapter to well use Bluetooth. You can a USB one for dirt cheap. I got one on Amazon for $6.00 USD years ago. It worked well in Windows 7. It was iffy in Windows 10. So at the very least if you need an adapter you can buy one on the cheap. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

12 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Are you sure its not bull in to your WiFi adapter? My motherboard came with a M.2 WiFI card that support Bluetooth. Its very common for WiFi adapters to have Bluetooth capability. 

Otherwise you need a Bluetooth adapter to well use Bluetooth. You can a USB one for dirt cheap. I got one on Amazon for $6.00 USD years ago. It worked well in Windows 7. It was iffy in Windows 10. So at the very least if you need an adapter you can buy one on the cheap. 

Yeah, I checked everywhere and my mobo doesnt have bluetooth capability.

Thanks for the help, I'll get a usb bluetooth adapter

1 hour ago, golde said:

I don't know why you're being told to buy another adapter after this critical piece of information. You clearly have a Bluetooth adapter or this wouldn't have been possible. Likely an Intel AX200 chip that does Wifi/Bluetooth.

This is a common complaint and I've solved it many times for myself and for others if your Bluetooth adapter suddenly disappears from Device Manager.

• Shut the machine down and turn off the PSU with the switch.
  • Hold your PC's front panel power down for ~30 seconds.
  • Turn on the PSU and boot up the machine and check Device Manager again.

I'm almost 100% certain this would have fixed his issue, shame he hasn't replied back.

• 1 month later...
On 9/23/2021 at 12:27 AM, rickeo said:

I'm almost 100% certain this would have fixed his issue, shame he hasn't replied back.

I had the same issue and happily this worked for me.

However after a week or so I had to repeat the process as the bluetoooth stopped working again.

Presumably there is an underlying issue caussing this that I'll need to figure out.