MSI 3080 Sea Hawk Pump Ticking Sound

LordPoopGreen

Hey!
I got this card back in April from the Verified Actual Gamers program and recently I started hearing ticking from my PC (I was sure it's a hard drive).

I know it's the GPU because I disconnected it entirely and the ticking stopped, and I know it's the pump because it happens even when the fans are off.

The ticking aren't that loud but they are noticeable, especially when booting.

I saw a post of someone saying that holding the rad up with the line straight helps but it didn't solve it for me.

So I'm asking you guys to help me with this problem because this is a new GPU that hasn't seen much use (when I first got it I didn't have a lot of time to use it) and is really expensive lol
Thanks 🙂

Just going off your description, it sounds like the pump might be dying. You might want to contact MSI.

Are you seeing anything abnormal with temps? I don't know if that model allows you monitor the pump RPM in software, someone else might know.

20 minutes ago, rickeo said:

Just going off your description, it sounds like the pump might be dying. You might want to contact MSI.

Are you seeing anything abnormal with temps? I don't know if that model allows you monitor the pump RPM in software, someone else might know.

I don't think it ever went above 60C