Micro ATX motherboard with Nzxt H510 Elite

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
14 minutes ago, Hazzamadooda said:

Question regarding size!

Hello, I am about to build my first PC! I have purchased my motherboard which is a MSI MAG B560M MORTAR. This is a Micro ATX motherboard, and I am about to buy a NZXT H510 elite and I'm wondering if it's going to look terrible as the motherboard is small. I was thinking about mounting my GPU vertically (2060) but I've heard its bad for airflow. I'm going for an aesthetically pleasing PC and I'm not exactly sure how it will turn out! Any advice or pictures of similar pc's would be appreciated! 

It'll fit and probably look fine. That being said, if you're gonna get a mATX board, you should probably get an mATX case or get an ATX board and an ATX case. 

As for the airflow from the vertical GPU mount, the issue comes from the GPU being so close to the side panel. If you don't use the case's built in vertical mount, using one of the ones that mount in the standard 7 expansion slots, you don't need to worry about that. 

Also, just saying, if you care about airflow, you might want to avoid the H510. That case has basically no airflow compared to something like the P400a, so you might want to look at something with more airflow. If you just really like the aesthetics of the H510, sure go for it, but you will probably want to invest in some good fans.

Question regarding size!

Hello, I am about to build my first PC! I have purchased my motherboard which is a MSI MAG B560M MORTAR. This is a Micro ATX motherboard, and I am about to buy a NZXT H510 elite and I'm wondering if it's going to look terrible as the motherboard is small. I was thinking about mounting my GPU vertically (2060) but I've heard its bad for airflow. I'm going for an aesthetically pleasing PC and I'm not exactly sure how it will turn out! Any advice or pictures of similar pc's would be appreciated! 

14 minutes ago, Hazzamadooda said:

Question regarding size!

It'll fit and probably look fine. That being said, if you're gonna get a mATX board, you should probably get an mATX case or get an ATX board and an ATX case. 

As for the airflow from the vertical GPU mount, the issue comes from the GPU being so close to the side panel. If you don't use the case's built in vertical mount, using one of the ones that mount in the standard 7 expansion slots, you don't need to worry about that. 

Also, just saying, if you care about airflow, you might want to avoid the H510. That case has basically no airflow compared to something like the P400a, so you might want to look at something with more airflow. If you just really like the aesthetics of the H510, sure go for it, but you will probably want to invest in some good fans.